In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
• A minimum donation of $2,000 per team is due no later than Friday, April 15, 2022, and is required to participate in the Plane Pull event.
• Fundraising can continue through the end of the event on April 23, 2022.
• Participants must sign a waiver before competing.
• Only 10-person teams are allowed to pull (three must be women) to be eligible for prizes.
• No rope attachments, i.e. Velcro.
• Teams must use gloves supplied at the event.
• Timing begins when the airhorn sounds and stops when the plane travels 15 feet.
• Two primary timers and one backup timer are used. The official time is the average of the primary timers. The backup timer will be used if a malfunction occurs with a primary timer.
• Pullers may remove slack from the rope but may not begin pulling until signaled. The referee will signal the end of the pull and the aircraft’s brakes will be applied.
• Any issues that arise during a team’s pull will be addressed by the referee and overall event supervisor. Their decision is final.
• Any re-pulls will occur 15 minutes after the original pull. A re-pull is awarded only due to a malfunction in timing and/or plane equipment. The decision to allow a team to re-pull is made collaboratively by the event referee and event supervisor.
• All team questions should be directed to J'Lynn Cooper, director of Wish Operations at Indiana Wish.
Online Registration FAQs:
Are you a team captain?
Thank you for registering as a Team Captain for the 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull. Here are a few facts you should know:
1) Please create your team FIRST, then start recruiting your team members! Make sure to tell them the Team Name that you have created so that they know which team to join. Have fun and be creative with those names!
2) You DO NOT need to have your full minimum donation of $2,000 to start your team! However, if you would like to kick off your team’s campaign with a donation you can but the minimum donation of $2000 is due no later than April 1, 2022. You can continue to fundraise over the $2,000 minimum until April 23, 2022, because we know most teams will want to exceed this amount. Once you complete the registration process, you will receive a link to your personalized fundraising page that you can set up and start soliciting donations.
3) All of your team’s individual personalized fundraising pages will roll into your overall team’s total – AUTOMATICALLY!
Are you a member of a team?
Thank you for registering as a Participant on a Team for the 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull. Some things to keep in mind:
1) Your Team Captain should register FIRST and provide you with your Team Name to join. Please encourage them to do so right away!
2) Once your team has been created, please go on and register as a Member of a Team. During the registration process, you will be able to select your Team’s name from a drop down menu under Join a Team.
3) You DO NOT need to have your full minimum donation of $2,000 to complete your registration. However, if you would like to kick off your team’s campaign with a donation you can, but the minimum donation of $2,000 is due no later than April 1, 2022. You can continue to fundraise over the $2,000 minimum until April 23, because we know most teams will want to go exceed this amount. Once you complete the registration process, you will receive a link to your personalized fundraising page that you can set up and start soliciting donations.
4) All of your team’s individual personalized fundraising pages will roll into your overall team’s total – AUTOMATICALLY!
Are you looking to donate to a participant or make a general donation?
If you are looking to Donate to A Participant in the 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull, please visit: www.RepublicPlanePull.com Along the top of the page you will see a button “Donate.” Click this button and search by either last name, first name or email. Once the participant you would like to donate to is found, please click on the “Donate” button next to their name. All of the personalized fundraising pages will roll up into the team’s overall total – AUTOMATICALLY!
Are you looking to make a general donation to the overall goal of the 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull, please visit: www.RepublicPlanePull.com. Along the left side of the page you will see a button “Donate Now” under the Plane Pull Logo. This will allow you to make a general donation to the overall goal. Thank you!
Are you attending the event to cheer on family and friends?
Thank you for supporting the 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull & Gala, please visit: www.RepublicPlanePull.com to purchase your Food Tickets, Event Tickets, T-Shirts and Gala Tickets through the “Attending the Event? Register” button in the middle of the page. Your items will be available for you at will call the day of the event.
Can I purchase a Plane Pull t-shirt if I am not attending the event?
Yes, if you will not be attending the event but would like to purchase a t-shirt, you may pick up your order at the Republic Airways Headquarters office, 8909 Purdue Road, Suite 300, at the main Reception Desk. The t-shirts will be available Monday, April 13, 2020 and after for those not attending the event.
Day of Event FAQs:
Where does the Plane Pull take place?
The 2022 Republic Airways Plane Pull will take place Saturday, April 23, at the Republic Airways Hangar, 3998 S. Hoffman Road, Indianapolis, IN 46241. Follow these directions to the hangar parking lot:
Take exit 12B for US-40 West/Washington Street (0.3 mi)
Go west on US-40 West/Washington Street (3.0 mi)
Turn left at Bridgeport Road (446 ft)
Take the first right on North Perimeter Road (0.9 mi)
Turn left at the second flashing red stop sign
Follow the signs to the public parking area outside Republic’s hangar
Is the Plane Pull rain or shine?
Yes! No matter the weather, the competition will go on! Make sure to watch the weather report though, because if the forecast shows rain or harsh cold temperatures the doors of the hangar will be closed and some activities will be limited.
What time does check-in begin?
Event check-in for participating teams begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 23. ONLY Team captains should check in and pick up event t-shirts for the entire team.
How long does the Plane Pull typically last?
After the check-in period, the event usually runs from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Who can pull on my team?
All team members must be registered under the team name on the event website to participate on the day of the event. If there are last-minute substitutes who have not registered, they must fill out an event waiver and present to the ON DECK representative before pulling the plane.
How many people can be on my team?
Ten people are allowed on each team. In order to be eligible for prizes, the team must have at least three female participants. If your team does not meet these requirements, you may still participate, although, your team will not be eligible to place on the leaderboard, or to win prizes.
When should all of my teammates be registered by?
In order to receive the free T-shirts, team members must be registered by April1, 2022.
Once my team is checked in, when do we find out when we pull?
The pulling order will be announced the day of the event and will be in the Plane Pull program so that you can easily find your team’s pulling number in the lineup.
My team has checked in and has found our pulling position. What now?
After you are checked in and have found out when your team will pull, you are free to walk around and enjoy the event until your team is on deck to pull! Around the hangar, you will find the Kids’ Zone, food vendors, aircraft tours, helicopter, ambulance and more. There will be plenty of photo opportunities with Star Wars characters, various mascots and surprise celebrity guests!
My family and friends want to attend the Plane Pull. Will they have to pay to get in?
No, the Plane Pull is free to the public! While entrance to the event is free and open to the public, face painting, balloon artists, and temporary tattoos are available for purchase with activity tickets. Food/beverage tickets also will be available for purchase. You can order your activity and/or food/beverage tickets ahead of time online at RepublicPlanePull.com and pick them up at the event WILL CALL or purchase them when you arrive at the event.
If I am attending the event in support of a family member or friend, what will there be for me to do?
Before the Plane Pull, be sure to visit the Post Registration Store on RepublicPlanePull.com, where you can buy activity and food tickets to use the day of the event, as well an event t-shirt and tickets for the Plane Pull Gala. Upon arrival at the event, you may purchase activity and food vouchers, watch the competition and explore all of the activities around the hangar. Around the hangar you will find the Kids’ Zone with games and free prizes, a DJ, cornhole, various mascots, celebrity guests, Star Wars characters, food vendors, aircraft tours, helicopter, ambulance and more.
How does the competition work?
The event kicks off with the National Anthem. Once the air horn goes off to signal the start of the first pull round, all of the registered teams will have the chance to show what they’ve got. Once every team has pulled, and their times are recorded, the five teams who had the fastest times will have the opportunity to pull again for the top spot! Following the final round, the awards will be announced. Awards will be given out to the Fastest Pull Team and Most Spirited Team.
What is the all-time pull team record?
At the 2018 Plane Pull, the winning pull time was 6.22 seconds by AAR MRO Services, who holds the all-time event record.
If I am participating in the competition, do I need to bring my own gloves?
No, gloves will be provided and will be the only gloves permitted for use during the Plane Pull.
Which organizations benefits from this event?
The Republic Airways Plane Pull benefits Indiana Wish, Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital, Riley Children’s Foundation, and A Kid Again!
What is the COVID-19 Protocol for the event?
All attendees ages two and older must adhere to the current TSA Security Directive, which requires individuals to wear face coverings in airports, on airport property and on board aircraft. Certain medical conditions may allow for exemptions.