In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
CompAnimals began as a Senior Pet Rescue with the rescue of Leticia and Jezabel, two senior cats who were down on their luck when their owner died unexpectedly. Leticia and Jez were placed in a home together where they were pampered throughout their senior years.
CompAnimals has gone on to rescue hundreds of unwanted pets. We have expanded to help all animals in need but specialize in the “unadoptables”: cats & dogs missing hair, animals needing surgery prior to adoption, missing limbs or eyes, sick kittens or puppies that don’t have a chance at the shelter, any animal that just needs a little extra T.L.C. before finding that forever home. Of course we won’t turn away a perfectly healthy dog or cat who, through no fault of his own has found himself on death row. And we still have a soft spot for that graying muzzle…
Top 5 reasons to support CompAnimals:
1. We are your local, community-based animal rescue. We have 20 years of service under our belts, and are dedicated to serving animals in our region.
2. We are known for our matchmaking skills. We spend a lot of time reviewing applications and calling references so that we set up every animal and their future family for success.
3. When we say we’re seeking forever homes for the animals in our care, we mean it. We offer coaching and support after adoptions take place. We do everything in our power to provide positive reinforcement and guidance with every placement.
4. All of our efforts are volunteer-driven. Your donations go directly to helping animals in need.
5. We take chances on animals that have no where else to turn, regardless of age, medical condition, breed or history.