See all three course sub menu tabs under the menu item of Bike to the left.
Saturday April 1
• 6:30am Line up – located at the corner of Inyo & H Street
• 6:50am National Anthem
• 7:00am Start of all rides
• 9:00am BBQ
• 10:00am Beer Garden Opens
• 4:00pm Beer Garden Closes
• 5:00 pm Finish line, BBQ closes & Bike Valet closes
• ALL CYCLIST MUST BE AT THE START LINE BY 7:00AM. IF YOU DO NOT START WITH ALL CYCLIST AT 7:00AM YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE FREEWAY! NO EXCEPTIONS! Timing chip (Tags) must be attached horizontally to the stem of your bike seat. Timing Tags will be required on all bikes. All riders accessing the Freeway and Rest Stops will be required to have their ride timing tag be clearly visible on their bike. It must be visible to Highway Patrol, Fresno PD and event security. In addition, you will receive a wrist band that must be worn on your wrist to access those areas mentioned or to retrieve your bike out of the bike valet at Chukchansi after your celebration. NO TIMING TAG - NO ACCESS TO FREEWAY - NO WRIST BAND NO ACCESS TO REST STOPS, BEER GARDEN, BIKE VALET, BBQ.
• All riders MUST start together at 7:00am PROMPTLY at Chukchansi Park and stay behind the PD pace vehicles until you reach the freeway.
• Please line up with more experienced riders in front.
• Riders will not be allowed to enter the freeway once the Highway Patrol has closed the entrance.
• Ride single file once off of the freeway.
• Highway Patrol, Cal Fire and 10 SAG Vehicles will be patrolling the foot hills for your safety and assistance.
• All riders will receive the phone number to our command center on their Route Cue Sheet for emergencies on the ride. Look for bright colored signs and directional arrows on the road.
• Per Highway Patrol any rider not wearing a helmet or not wearing the official timing tag will be cited!
• The Peloton from Chukchansi Stadium to the entrance on the freeway will be rolling at a 15 mile an hour speed. Elite cyclist will be in the front with experienced riders behind them and less experienced riders back further. Please line up in the correct area.
• Route Arrows on the ground will be as follows to match cue card colors!
Yellow – Century Blue – Metric Green – Mini Metric
REST STOP LOCATIONS
Mile 15 - All Rides - Freeway 168 and Shepherd Ave
Mile 27 Century/Metric - Blossom Trail Cafe - Academy & Belmont
Mile 40 - Century - Winton Park - E Trimmer Springs & N Piedra
Mile 52 -Century – Old Squaw Valley School 1 mile south of Fwy 180 and Indian Guide Rd on Ruth Hill Rd
Mile 68 - Century - Navelvalencia Middle School - Wahtoke Ave & Olive Ave. (Reedley)
Mile 85/44 Metric/Century - St Mary's Catholic Church - S Bethel & E North (Sanger)
Mile 26 - Mini Metric – Corner of McKinley and Temperance
Finish Line Closing – All courses will close at 5:00pm. At that time, our sweeper van will approach each rider on the course to give them the option to get a ride back to Chukchansi Park or to stay out unassisted with no additional SAG vehicle help. We strongly recommend you take the ride back to the stadium. Please be reminded, there will be no BBQ, or services of any-kind at Chukchansi Park after 5:30pm.
Cell Service – Cell phone reception is spotty in the mountains. We will have extra patrols where service is limited. Use cell phones with EXTREME caution. Some of the roads are narrow.
Bike Valet – You can check your bike into our secure bike valet at the finish line. You must be wearing your wrist band to retrieve it after your BBQ.
BBQ and Beer Garden – BBQ Chicken lunch will be provided. Beer Garden opens at 10:00am. Participants of legal age will receive a beer. Please bring proper ID as anyone under 35 will be carded. Please note: Due to stadium restrictions, the Beer Garden will close at 4:00pm. Extra meal tickets can be purchased during registration.
PLEASE NOTE regarding our TIMING of this bike event:
This is NOT a race, the timing of this event is for your personal record and gives the ability of the event to know how many riders are still on the course. It is not intended for the use of this time to score or compare times to any other rider. It is for the pure enjoyment of each rider, friends and family. There is no method to tell the actual route each participant takes, so if you desire to be placed in the proper route it is the responsibility of each participant to let the event know if you change categories from the time you register.
Event goes on Rain or Shine. No Refunds!