SEASHORE STRIDER RACE PHILOSOPHY DURING COVID
- The Seashore Striders are rolling out their 2021 race events and continue to work with the Delaware Public Health on following the Covid Guidelines for the State of Delaware (currently at 250 gatherings). We are assuming that, and are hopeful, that these events will remain live events. The Seashore Striders are still offering runners a chance to join us virtually and being able to continue to support the event. If any of the Seashore Strider events of 2021 are forced to drop the live option, we will continue offering the virtual event and will add the Seashore Strider Covid Safety Plan to this website and follow our Covid Plan.
- Additional race information can be found at http://seashorestriders.com
- Stuart Kingston...1 Grenoble St; Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
- Join the Seashore Striders for one of the oldest 5k races in "the national Summer Capital" Rehoboth Beach. The 24th Run for JJ 5k. The 8th event in the popular Seashore Strider Championship Series, this year's 24th Run for JJ 5k will be held "live & virtually" giving runners and walkers two options to join us for this great event. The Run for JJ 5k, in memory of Former RBP Lifeguard JJ Stein, is a great event where proceeds go towards the JJ Stein Foundation.
- Live...1 Grenoble St.; Rehoboth Beach, DE. 19971
- Virtual...1 Anywhere you wish; Any Town, Any State
- Live...7:30 am
- Virtual...July 18th at 12:01 am until June 18th at midnight...24 hrs
"LIVE" RACE REGISTRATION
- $25.00 "EARLY BIRD" Race Registration through Sunday, July 11th at midnight
- $28.00 "RACE WEEK" Race Registration through Saturday, July 17th at 6 pm
- $30.00 "RACE DAY" Race Registration from 6:30 am - 7:20 am on site on July 18th
"VIRTUAL" RACE REGISTRATION
- $30.00 Race Registration through Race-Day July 18th at midnight. Registration includes ordering your t-shirt on the Monday following the race, preparing your t-shirt to be mailed or making local arrangements to have it be picked up by the end of the week. If we mail your shirt out of town, we have already included the cost of mailing in your registration fee
- Please do not show to the "live" event to pick up your t-shirt if you choose to run the race virtually
2 WAYS TO REGISTER FOR A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT
- ONLINE REGISTRATION through RUNSIGNUP here at this site."The easiest & most popular way to register for Seashore Strider events.
- MAIL-IN REGISTRATION...form can be downloaded from seashorestriders.com on the Run for JJ 5k race page. Please fill out the form completely & neatly, double checking Age, Gender, Entry Fee Price (some events have different fees) & Event Choice.
- Mail completed paper registration to: Seashore Striders; P.O. Box 99, Nassau, DE. 19969Please mail by Monday of Race Week to be guaranteed an event t-shirt/swag. (Depending on when we receive it, your t-shirt may be ordered on the Monday following the race)
- Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders”
- The Joseph "JJ" Stein Foundation
- Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
- Live...The 24th Run for JJ 5k is a flat & fast course through the north side of Rehoboth Beach and though the beautiful Henlopen Acres development of Rehoboth Beach, just north of the boardwalk.
- To go to the Course CLICK HERE FOR COURSE.
- When you click on the course you will see a 3.24m distance and I am not sure why that distance was calculated on the "onthego" program. This is a USATF Certified 5k Course and the distance will be 3.1 miles
- Virtual...This year you may complete the 24st Run for JJ 5k "live" with the Seashore Striders in Rehoboth Beach or "virtually" anywhere you wish beginning at 12:01 am on July 18th and finishing 24 hrs later on at midnight. The race will start and finish anywhere you wish and you will verify your time by sending an email to Race Director Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should have an attached selfie of yourself as well as a closeup photo of your distance and time. Indoor or outdoor treadmills are not allowed in this event or any event in the Seashore Strider Summer Series.
SAFE RUNNING & RACING
- The Seashore Striders encourage you to run & race safely during the Run for JJ 5k and if you are competing "virtually", we discourage the gathering of runners for this event. Please stay more than 6' from each other if running with someone. https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a31439358/running-during-coronavirus/
- Live...Timing will be done by the Seashore Strider Event Production team and will be using the Chronotrack B Chip system.
- Virtual...You will use a timing device on your watch (garmin )or iPhone (race tracker) or whatever you are comfortable with and to be verified it must be the complete 5k distance. I will verify 3.11 miles, however I will NOT verify 2.97 miles. At the completion of your Virtual Run, please take a selfie of your self with a close-up of your device showing your distance & time. Results will be sent to email@example.com for official verification and I then will upload the results to Runsignup/athlinks/CT. "Moving Time" will not count- Please send "Elapsed Time". Results are due to Race Director Tim by 12 midnight on race-day July 24th. NO TREADMILLS ALLOWED IN THE SUMMER SERIES EVENTS.
- You are not allowed to use a VIRTUAL race to qualify for the Seashore Strider Championship Series
- Finish line produced by “Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.,” Post-Race awards ceremony within 20 minutes following the final finisher, custom t-shirts, custom awards, post-race refreshments in the park.
- Live...Awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female Champions, Overall Male & Female Masters (40+ yrs.), as well as the top three (3) Male & Female finishers in the following age categories: 9 & under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-24, then 5-year age groups through 80+. Awards will be presented within 20 minutes following the final runner crossing the finish.
- Virtual ...There will be no overall or age group awards presented to the virtual runners during the summer series, however results that we receive will be posted in finish order.
- Virtual runners will not have their results included within the "live" results...
You may however compete in both the "live & virtual" divisions if you register for the event twice.
- The Seashore Striders have a "No Refund" policy, however we make every possible attempt to please our client with the following options: 1. Transfer to a future Seashore Strider owned event of equal value before the end of the current year. 2. Donate your entry fee to the charity associated with the event or to the Seashore Strider Youth Running program. 3. Transfer/Defer to the following year at the same event. Thank You for your cooperation & understanding as some situations are beyond the control of the Seashore Striders.
- Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASHORE STRIDER STORE