YOUR DONATION CONSIDERATION:
The 5K is organized by the Knights of Columbus Libertyville Council 3674. The idea is to bring local businesses and participants together to support service work as an annual 5K event.
The 2021 youth group service trip to Kentucky will not happen due to Covid concerns, the youth will continue to support the parish in Harlan Kentucky, as well as taking on local service projects in Lake County, Illinois. The Knights are looking to help Food Pantries and multiple service organizations here in Lake County, IL. The help provided all dependent on the total donations raised.
First 5 years held at the beautiful, exclusive private grounds at the University of Saint Mary of the Lake (also known as Mundelein Seminary).
Out of respect for concerns surrounding coronavirus, the Seminary has closed the campus to large summer events.
Dash Around the Lake Virtual 5K Run and 5K Walk dates!
Saturday, 9:00 AM June 12 thru Sunday June 27, 2021
- We are looking to again setup a Facebook Live Start.
- Many people ask, "What is a Virtual 5K?"
Our Virtual 5K run/walk offers a personal challenge for all levels of runners and walkers, and families.
- As in the past, participants will sign up online at dasharoundthelake.org.
- On the honor system complete A 3.1 mile run or 3.1 walk, at any time during a 16-day period starting Saturday 9:00 AM June 12, look for the Facebook Live stream. Last year Liam Tucker was the only allowed kick off runner, he ran a course personal best of 16:39
- Last year the Virtual 5k raised just under $7000.00, all from our local community sponsors, donations, and race registrations. We donated to the service projects, the Libertyville Food Pantry serving people from the area, and 14 local service organizations.
- We are very grateful for your participation of support!
Libertyville Knights of Columbus and the Dash Around The Lake team!