|Critter Crawl 5K||
Linville, NC US 28646
This brand new 5K race starts in MacRae Meadows and gains more than 900 feet in elevation before ending in the parking lot beside the Mile High Swinging Bridge. Proceeds from the $30 entry fee benefit Grandfather’s eagle habitat renovation fund. Maximum 500 participants. Online registration begins March 1.
Come experience Grandfather Mountain’s first annual 5K race! The Critter Crawl starts in MacRae Meadows and climbs up the Mountain through the Animal Habitats finishing at the Mile High Swinging Bridge. Download PDF of route map.
All proceeds from this event go toward our Eagle Habitat Fund. Over the past year we have been actively raising money in our community for the eagle habitat renovations through programs, events and awareness. We are approaching our goal, however, we still need your help!
Critter Crawl Route:
The race begins in MacRae Meadows, proceeds up the Grandfather Mountain road to the Nature Museum, loops through the Animal Habitats back to Split Rock and then continues up the road to the finish line at the top of the Mountain.
* Route is dependent on weather conditions and may be altered on the day of the race.
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM Wednesday, May 2 at Grandfather Mountain Entrance Gate
- 3:00 – 6:00 PM Thursday, May 3 at Registration Tent in MacRae Meadows (Registration Tent will be located across Hwy. 221 from Gate 1 of MacRae Meadows)
- If spaces are still available, we will be offering same day race registration from 3:00 – 5:00 PM Thursday, May 3 at the Registration Tent with cash or check only.
A parking pass can be purchased during online registration for $10.00. Parking passes may also be purchased at the Packet Pick-up times with cash or check only. Each parking pass is good for one vehicle only. Parking will be at Black Rock Parking Lot and Museum Parking Lot on Grandfather Mountain and in MacRae Meadows. Lots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis on the day of the race. Download map of parking areas.
- Parking will be available in Grandfather Mountain lots starting at 5:00 PM. Parking pass must be presented at Entrance Gate and displayed on vehicle dash at all times.
- Parking will be available in MacRae Meadows starting at 4:30 PM. Parking pass must be presented to parking attendant at Gate 2 and displayed on vehicle dash at all times.
- Cars must remain parked in designated parking areas. No cars will be allowed to leave until the last runner/spectator is cleared from the road.
Runners may purchase a parking pass for $10 while registering online for the race. If you wish to purchase a parking pass but do not plan to run the race, please click the "Store" button on this page and follow the instructions.
Shuttles will be located at each parking area and will start running at 5:00 PM. Shuttles will run continuously from the parking areas to the top of the Mountain (finish line) until 6:15 PM at which point the shuttles will make their last stop at the top. They will remain parked there until the last runner/spectator is cleared from the road. The shuttles will then start taking runners/spectators back to their cars. Runners/spectators will be allowed to walk down the road from the top to their cars until such time as the road starts to be cleared to allow for the shuttles and cars.
* T-shirts will not be guaranteed for participants registering after April 19.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?