RUN. WALK. or WOBBLE! Join us for our 5th Annual Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning, November 28, 2019, in the beautiful, scenic area of Atlantic Beach, Florida. 5k or 1 mile fun run or walk for all ages!
WHAT WE GIVE BACK TO YOU:
- FREE PHOTO in the TIN CAN PHOTO BOOTH with fun props so you can remember this special day!
- FREE face painting for the kids
- Safe and fun time for the whole family, even leashed pets welcome!
- $50 gift card for best turkey themed costume
- By becoming a participant you are helping us donate to help Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors and their families
RACE PACKET PICK UP :
- WHERE: ONE OCEAN RESORT in Atlantic Beach
- WHEN : Tuesday , Nov 26 and Wednesday Nov 27 from 10am-7pm
- RACE DAY PICKUP- at race location from 6:45am-7:45am. we close promptly at 7:45am to start the race on time, please be courteous of your fellow runners
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your items before race day, this way we can give you the best service and experience possible!
- You may pick up for other family members but we are not responsible for misplaced bibs or shirts
- Our course is set with a scenic run through the most beautiful areas of Atlantic Beach, including the halfway turn ( water station) in front of Atlantic Beach Country Club.
- The 5k begins at 8:00 am and the route will start at the intersection of Atlantic & Ocean Blvd, close to shops & the beach!
- RAIN OR SHINE!( only if thunder or lightening will the city allow us to cancel, heavy wind and rain the event is still on)
- Sorry, NO REFUNDS DRESS ACCORDINGLY
- Leashed pets and strollers welcome, this is a family event! Please be considerate of others and be sure your pet is people friendly! * bring leashed pet at your own risk
- Only registered participants (must have bib) allowed on race course
FUN RUN INFORMATION
- 1 mile fun run is untimed, that means you will not receive a bib
- 1 parent may run with child without having to register
- You will receive a tshirt and finishers medal
- The fun run may begin anytime between 9:00-9:30 am based on how quickly the 5k finishes- so get there early!!
- Any registrations after November 25th are not guaranteed a shirt or size
- Fun run course is the same as the 5k, 1/2 mile up and then turn around
- NO RACE DAY SIGNUPS
- RAIN or SHINE...sorry no refunds.
- T-shirts may NOT be exchanged for a different size at race packet pick up
PIE EATING CONTEST:
- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044EA4A922A64-pumpkin CONTEST
- winner is determined by whomever eats the most pie in 60 seconds
- must be 6 years of age and under 18 years of age must have a parent
- hands behind back and hair pulled back
- one winner will receive a pie trophy and $25 gift card
- contest begins at 9am, must be preregistered and limited to first 12 participants
- want to be a team? just need 5 or more members
- $5 discount per each registrant after the 5th member
- must pick up all shirts and bibs together, so assign one person to pick up race packet day- this makes things simple and faster
- we will have all your team shirts and bibs in one bag
- no giveaways available for teams
- any team members added after November 25th not guaranteed shirt size
- The Award ceremony will follow the fun run. Custom Turkey Trophy to the TOP OVERALL Male/Female , TOP Male/Female MASTER, TOP Male/Female GRANDMASTER for a total of 6 trophies. MUST BE PRESENT
- Only first place winner in each age group will be announced at event, due to time restrictions
- $50 gift card for the BEST Thanksgiving theme costume will be awarded
- $10 Discount for Active Duty Military
- Local schools- Jacksonville Beach, Neptune and Atlantic Beach Elementary School,
- Children 4 and under are FREE for the 5k -with adult registration ( no tshirt giveaway)
- BRAIN INJURY SURVIVORS ARE FREE
- Must contact race director for discount code - firstname.lastname@example.org or text 904-200-1130
PARKING: As you know, there is limited parking in the area. There is a large parking lot at 500 Atlantic Blvd Neptune Beach, across from McDonald's. Please do NOT park on South on Ocean Blvd off Atlantic Blvd in Neptune Beach in front of Shorelines and Pete's Bar. You will be blocked in due to their street festival.
- Your participation in this event will help us raise awareness for traumatic brain injury survivors. Our nonprofit was founded in honor of Tony Meduri , who suffered a TBI (traumatic brain injury) . He was hit by a drunk driver while sitting at a red light. After months in the hospital , he required 24/7 care and had to give up his home, love of cars, and life as he once lived. Tony recently passed away but we hope to help others like Tony who are in need of long term care support and services. THIS EVENT IS FOR CHARITY AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE IT A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE but please be patient with us we are all VOLUNTEERS!
- We are a nonprofit 501c3 organization established January 2015.