Join us for our 5th Annual Turkey Trot (5k and 1 mile fun run) on Thanksgiving morning, November 28, 2019, in the beautiful, scenic area of Atlantic Beach, Florida. Voted Folio Weekly's BEST OF THE BEACHES 5k in 2019. Thank you for all of your support! This year promises to be even better with a new Getaway Race package offer from One Ocean Resort and Spa (details below). Give back and Give Thanks!
WHAT WE GIVE BACK TO YOU:
- FREE PHOTO in the TIN CAN PHOTO BOOTH with fun props so you can remember this special day!
- FREE face painting and tattoos for the kids
- FREE Selfie Booth at Race Packet Pickup
- Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest- ages 6 and up
- Safe and fun time for the whole family, leashed pets welcome!
- $50 gift card for best turkey themed costume
- Local Food Vendors- visit Josie's Latin Fusion and Breezy Bakery- portion of sales goes to support The TBI Fund Inc
- By becoming a participant you are helping us donate to help Traumatic Brain Injury survivors and their families.
- The luxurious One Ocean Resort is offering a special getaway package for Turkey Trot participants! Discounted room rate of $179+ $20 resort fee (discounted from $33), complimentary valet parking ($29 value), and 2 FREE ENTRIES for Tony’s Turkey Trot 5k ( children under 4 free). Must register online with ONE OCEAN RESORT and SPA and use code TURKEY for checkout. One Ocean is also the location for Race Packet Pick up, so super convenient if you are staying there!
RACE PACKET PICK UP:
- WHERE: ONE OCEAN RESORT located at 1 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
- WHEN : Tuesday, Nov. 26 and Wednesday, Nov. 27 from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- WHAT: We are working with BEAM to help feed the homeless, bring in a canned good or $10 gift card (double entry) to Race Packet Pick up (not race day) and you will be entered to win a gift card for One Ocean Resort and Spa!
- RACE DAY PICKUP- at race location from 6:45am-7:45am. we close promptly at 7:45am to start the race on time, please be courteous to your fellow runners
- We strongly encourage you to pick up your items before race day, this way we can give you the best possible service and experience!
- You may pick up for other family members but we are not responsible for misplaced bibs or shirts.
- T-shirts may NOT be exchanged for a different size at race packet pick up.
- PARKING- One Ocean has limited parking. We will have spaces reserved in the lot to the right of Once Ocean, in front of the Seahorse Oceanfront Inn. The parking attendant will need to see your registration confirmation on your phone or print out. Parking will be free (up to 1 hour) for you complete your pick up.
- Our race course takes you through the most beautiful areas of Atlantic Beach, including the halfway turn (water station) in front of Atlantic Beach Country Club.
- The 5k begins at 8:00 a.m. and the route will start at the intersection of Atlantic & Ocean Blvd, in the heart of the Beaches Town Center!
- RAIN OR SHINE, NO REFUNDS.
- This a fun, family event- strollers and friendly, leashed pets are welcome (at your own risk).
- Only registered participants (must have bib) are allowed on race course.
FUN RUN INFORMATION
- 1 mile fun run is untimed, so no race bibs will be issued.
- 1 parent may run with child without having to register.
- You will receive a T-shirt and custom finishers medal.
- The fun run will begin anytime between 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. based on how quickly the 5k finishes- so get there early!!
- Any registrations after November 25th are not guaranteed a shirt or size.
- Fun run course is the same first 1/2 mile and turn around as the 5k
- NO RACE DAY SIGNUPS
- RAIN OR SHINE, NO REFUNDS.
PIE EATING CONTEST:
- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044EA4A922A64-pumpkin CONTEST
- Open to ages 6+, parental consent required for anyone under 18.
- Contest begins at 9am, must be preregistered and limited to first 12 participants
- Winner is determined by whomever eats the most pie in 60 seconds with hands behind back and hair pulled back.
- Winner will receive a pie trophy and $25 gift card.
- Want to be a team? Just need 5 or more members to form.
- $5 discount per each registrant after the 5th member.
- Must pick up all shirts and bibs together, so assign one person to pick up race packet day- this makes things simple and faster.
- We will have all your team shirts and bibs in one bag.
- No giveaways available for teams.
- any team members added after November 25th not guaranteed shirt size
- All registered participants receive a Custom Designed Tony’s Turkey Trot Die Cast Finisher’s 5k Medal
- The Award ceremony will follow the fun run. A custom Turkey Trophy to the TOP OVERALL Male/Female, TOP Male/Female MASTER, TOP Male/Female GRANDMASTER for a total of 6 trophies. Must be present to receive.
- Age Group Awards to Top 3 Male/Female in 5 year age groups (9 & under, 10-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & up).
- $50 gift card for the best Thanksgiving theme costume will be awarded.
- $5 discount for Active Duty Military and students from Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach elementary schools.
- Children 4 and under are FREE for the 5k -with adult registration (does not include t-shirt).
- BRAIN INJURY SURVIVORS ARE FREE.
- Must contact race director for discount code - email@example.com or text 904-200-1130
PARKING: As you know, there is limited parking in the area. There is a large parking lot at 500 Atlantic Blvd Neptune Beach, across from McDonald's. Please do NOT park south on Ocean Blvd (Neptune Beach side) near North Beach Fish Camp or Pete's Bar. You will be blocked in and subject to tow due to their street festival.
- Your participation in this event will help us raise awareness for traumatic brain injury survivors. Our nonprofit was founded in honor of Tony Meduri, who suffered a traumatic brain injury. In 2011, he was hit by a drunk driver while sitting at a red light. After months in the hospital, he required 24/7 care and had to give up his home, love of cars, and life as he once knew it. Tony recently passed away but we hope to help others like Tony who are in need of long term care support and services. THIS EVENT IS FOR CHARITY AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE IT A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE but please be patient with us we are all VOLUNTEERS! We are a nonprofit 501c3 organization established January 2015.