In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.ymcawcf.org/.
Please join us for this year's Annual Lake Wales YMCA Turkey Trot 5k - Virtually!
At the Y, we are committed to social responsibility and the safety and well-being of our community as a whole. We feel that it is the safest decision to forego our in-person race this year and offer a virtual option instead. This year, our race will be held virtually and can be completed at your leisure, any time and any place Thanksgiving weekend, November 26-29, 2020.
Our race might look a little different this year, but our mission remains the same:
Making a positive impact in our community and serving as a safety net to those in need.
Registration is required.
Registration is $25 and runs through November 24th. All registration proceeds benefit our local Lake Wales Family YMCA. All adult registrants will receive a race bib, race shirt, and finishers' medal.
Online sign up is available now through November 24th.
No need to check in for this year's event! Enjoy your run at any point Thanksgiving weekend!
Packet Pick Up:
Packet pick up will be at the Lake Wales YMCA on Wednesday, November 25th from 12pm – 2pm. The address is 1001 Burns Ave, Lake Wales, FL 33853.
You can run any 5k (3.1 mile) course that you want Thanksgiving weekend November 26-29, 2020. If you would like, please share your run course with us and upload the screen shot or data to your RunSignUp race event notes when you log back in to post your mileage. Or you can follow our last years course Click Here to view map! Please note that roads will not be closed, please remain on the sidewalks and adhere to local traffic laws)
Posting Your Mileage and Time for Our Virtual Leaderboard:
1. Run or walk 3.1 mile all at once or a half mile or mile at a time anytime Thanksgiving Weekend, Nov 26-29. Use Garmin, Strava, Runkeeper, Map My Run, or any app you would like to log the distance.
2. To post your results and progress to our virtual leaderboard... Log back into you RunSignUp profile and under the "Upcoming Races", select the "Lake Wales YMCA Turkey Trot 5k" to view the Race Page.
3. Click on the "RESULTS" tab top right, in the gray bar under the Sign Up and Donate buttons,.
4. Once your results window comes up, click "Submit Virtual Results" and and search for your name.
5. Upload your mileage and optional time results and post notes about your run or walk. You can even upload photos!
6. Give your posting about 3-4 minutes to process then click back on the Results tab to see how you did on the Virtual leaderboard.
This year, our race will be held virtually and can be completed at your leisure on Thanksgiving weekend. Because this is a virtual run, there will be no age group awards. You can run or walk anywhere and at any pace. Everyone registered can post pictures and their completion times. It's easy. Inside your RunSignUp account profile you can access the Lake Wales YMCA Turkey Trot event online and select results, submit your distance completed, your time, and even a selfie and see how you rank on our virtual leaderboard.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?