In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
The Southeastern Guide Dogs Paws for Patriots 5k promises to be a fun event. It features chip timing on an accurate, but not certified 5k course in a scenic South Tampa park. Runners (and virtual runners) will receive both a shirt and finisher's medal.
The cost to provide a guide dog for a veteran with a visual impairment or a service dog for a veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder is tens of thousands of dollars, yet veterans receive these extraordinary dogs at no cost. All funds raised will benefit the Paws for Patriots (https://www.guidedogs.org/fast-facts/paws-for-patriots/) Program. On behalf of American heroes who have sacrificed so much, this program serves active duty soldiers and retired servicemen and women with the respect and dignity they deserve.
No race would be a success without volunteers. If you'd like to help make this race a success, please volunteer here.
1. Can I run/walk with my dog? Unfortunately our insurance coverage does not allow us to have dogs on the race course.
2. Is there a finisher's medal? Yes, all participants receive both a race shirt and a finisher's medal.
3. How does the virtual run work? It is done on an honor system. You can run your 5k at any time and don't have to report your finish. We'll send out your shirt and finisher's medal the week after the race.
4. When and where is packet pickup? We will have packet pickup available at Mastro Subaru of Tampa at 6402 W Hillsborough Ave from 4 - 7 PM on Friday, 15 February. If you are unable to pick up your packet on Friday, you can either have a friend pick it up (with a copy of your identification) or get it Sunday morning beginning at 6:15 AM.
5. What is the race course? The race course is a little tricky to describe. The short description is that it is a figure 8, then a full loop, and a loop around the lake. We've made a short video to help you visualize the course. You can see it on YouTube.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.