PhoneTrak Live Tracking How-To
- Enter Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K in the search box or click FEATURED RACES and scroll down to GA to access our event!
- Set Up Tracking: Select I WANT TO BE TRACKED
- Create RaceJoy profile by entering your name, location, date of birth.
- You will need to know your bib #, check your email for this if needed! You will then be matched to your entry! You can also click BIB PENDING and it should match your info!
- Carry Your Phone: Participants must carry claimed device during the race to be tracked.
- Click START MY RACE as you cross the START LINE: This begins your personal race time.
- Replay Race Day in Buzz: Click Buzz to review your alerts and replay cheers!
- Notifications: Your device's notifications must be ON for RaceJoy, including Sounds, to receive progress alerts and cheers.
- Location Services: The device you wish to have tracked must have Location Services ON for live phone tracking. Location Services must be set to ALWAYS ON for tracking to function (not "While Using"). Go to Privacy/Location Services to verify.
- Background App Refresh: General phone setting Background App Refresh must be ON for GPS tracking to stay enabled.
Apple does not allow RaceJoy to override your settings. Please ensure these are enabled so that you can experience RaceJoy's mobile features.
Free Live Tracking and Progress Alerts on Race Day! (Race organizers are providing this as an included service.)
Carry your phone and use RaceJoy to add to your race experience with these key features:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive GPS-based progress alerts at mile points on the course for current pace and estimated finish time.
- Post to your Facebook and Twitter walls.
- Have friends and family track your performance.
Live GPS Tracking
- Once you reach the 'FINISH' line of your virtual distance your results will automatically be submitted to the race leader board!
- Supporting spectators can track your blue dot moving along the course from home or at the race site.
- Find each other using RaceJoy’s MeetUp tool.
- Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time.
The Run for Research 5K is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator).
- Participant must carry phone
- No official race timing information is provided for this race in RaceJoy.