In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
It is the 10th Running of the Big Nasty Mud Run
4.5 miles and 33 obstacles with lots of mud! Ranger Bars, The Wall of Terror, tunnels, tires, mini hills, cargo nets and the Big Nasty Water Slide! Must be over 12 Years of age (13 on race day), average time required to complete this race is 1h 30min.
Competitive Divisions: (Timed with Awards) 8:00am to 8:50am
These waves are more serious, but you don't have to be a competitive athlete to join them. Please don't take these waves to seriously, it is still just for fun and to raise money for charity. Failing an obstacle in a competitive wave requires the completion of 20 burpees prior to continueing.
8:00am Crossfit Competition: Each Gym Member runs and is scored individually but compete as a team. First 10 members score points remaining members reduce the points potentially earned by other teams. Max of 15 members per Gym. You don't have to be a Crossfit gym to join this competition. GroundSpeed of Rincon will return to defend their title.
8:20am Individual Males or Females
8:30am Individual Males or Females
8:40am Male Team & Female Teams
8:50am Coed Wave
Non-competitive Waves (Timed but no Awards) 9:00am to 10:30am
These waves are just for fun which is why you must run as a team. No gender restrictions or time requirements, so you can just have fun! You will be timed but no awards. 1 ticket for two people and when you sign up for this ticket you will choose the wave time within the registration system. There are 110 people in every wave and they leave every 10 mins. You can also add a third leg to your seriously muddy team. Inside of registration you'll get the option for the third person.
Late Registration: Think you'll miss the online deadline of May 4th? You can still run but the price is $65 per person but you must be at packet pickup friday prior to the race. There is no race day registration!
Pricing Per Person:
Starting at $40, price increases $5 per month
Add $10 for Titans
Kids Run: Kids 12 and under can run the Big Nasty Kids Run FREE with an adult purchase. Join us at 7:45 or 11:00 for the best Kids Mud Run. It is about 1/2 mile, in full view of the main event area. You can run with your child and help them if they need it. Take lots of photos because you will want to remember their precious faces covered in mud! YOU MUST SIGN A WAIVER PRIOR TO RACING FOR YOUR CHILD
Packet Pickup: May 5th 10 to 5 at Grainger Nissan, 1550 Chatham Parkway Savannah, Ga 31405
Race Day Packet Pickup: Give your self 45mins Prior to your wave start to pickup you packet.
Childcare: $5 per child, drop off your child(ren), 3 to 12, with any supplies the need 10 mins prior to your wave. pick them up with in 3 hours or as soon as you finisher your wave. This is a very difficult service to provide, please help us by not abusing the volunteers time.
This is your opportunity to push to the extreme and complete the course 2 or 3 times. You must be able to complete the course in 2:00 or less. Titans will complete 66 Obstacles, 9.0 miles and receive the Titan Finisher Medal. Go for the extreme and complete the course a third time for the full half marathon.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I walk? Absolutely, there is no time limit except for the Titan Challenge
2. Are the obstacles difficult? They are medium to mild in difficulty so anyone can do it but if you are moving fast it will still be challenging. You can also skip any obstacle you don't feel comfortable completing and incure a 2 minute penalty. Competitive waves must complete 20 burpees for skiping or failing an obstacle.
3. Can we add a third person to our team? Yes, you can add a third team member to any seriously muddy wave only but we really would rather you do teams of two because that is how the event is set up. We will allow the exception for people who can't find a 4th. Contact us in April at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about registering a 3rd leg if you really can't find a 4 friend.
4. Can we do a team of 4? You can sign up in two teams of two.
5. Do you offer a group deal? Yes, email us at and request a group or corporate program or sign up with the team captain committing to at least 10 team members.
6. What do we do with our dirty close and shoes? Bring a trash bag and take them with you.
7. Is there a place to shower? Yes, even has hot water!
8. How much for parking? FREE
9. How much are photos? FREE They are available for download via our flickr.com account ERS Savannah. Email us if you need a link to old pictures.
10. Who benefits from the event? Military Veterans, Epilepsy, Performance Inititives and Waterfront Church. Help us grow the event so we can give more to more charities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.