Join us for PRC Pinwheel 5K Trail Run and Fun Walk! It's the race against child abuse!
This cross-country style 5K will take place at the beautiful Donovan Park in Peoria, Illinois. We will offer a timed 5K race for runners, a fun 5K walk, and kids' run for the little ones!
100% of proceeds remain right here in Central Illinois and help provide child-friendly medical and social services for children when there is a concern for possible abuse or neglect.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
FAQ for PRC Pinwheel 5K Trail Run and Fun Walk
How will I get my swag bag (shirt and other goodies)?
We will have a packet pickup event before the event on 4/19/2024 from 4-7pm at 1800 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603.
How will I get tax credit for my donation?
Your race registration is considered non-gift and is not tax deductible.
If you decline the shirt, you will receive a $10 tax credit.
For all gift donations, you will receive a confirmation of donation receipt letter from the University of Illinois Foundation after the close of the PRC Pinwheel 5K Run and Fun Walk 2024 event.
You can call 309-624-9595 to donate to support PRC services.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-624-9595.
Learn More about the PRC
For over 30 years, the Pediatric Resource Center (PRC) has provided child-friendly, specialized medical exams, and social services to children who are suspected victims of child physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
Facts about the PRC:
- The PRC is the only program in the region providing complete, head-to-toe examinations in a child-friendly manner by specially-trained medical staff. Our staff uses distraction and calming techniques; no child is ever held down during an exam.
- The need for our services is growing- last year we evaluated a record number of children- over 500.
- Since opening our doors in 1993, we have evaluated over 9,000 children from over 60 countries in Illinois and 9 states.
- PRC is affiliated with the OSF Children's Hospital of Illinois and serves as the child abuse team for the hospital.
- The PRC is a community service program of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
Learn more about the Pediatric Resource Center by visiting our website at www.pediatricresourcecenter.org and following us on Facebook!
Donovan Park, 5805 Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61614
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.