REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY PAUSED WHILE WE REGROUP TO DEAL WITH THE LOGICSTICAL REPERCUSSIONS OF THE COVID19 OUTBREAK. WE KINDLY ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE, AND STAY TUNED. THANK YOU!
Run Like a Mother MOTIVATES AND MOVES YOU! We are every woman, from every walk or run of life, gathering together for one day to celebrate who we are and what we do. Women. Whether you are a mother or not, we celebrate together on Mother's Day with a 5k road race and a one-mile kid's fun run. Join us Sunday, May 10th, 2020. Registration for the 5k is open to women 10+.
All participants will receive a women's fit tech tee, reusable shopping bag, and finisher's medal. Finishers will receive a flower at the finish line. Kids' One Mile race finishers get a cotton T-shirt and a ribbon. Run Like a Mother is sanctioned as a women's specific 5k road race. There will be no prizes for males that enter the race.
PLEASE NOTE: Race will be held rain or shine. Due to the nature of the event and the resources needed to operate the race, refunds and deferrals will not be given for any reason (including injury). You may transfer for your registration to another person by May 1, 2020 as a "gift" for no charge, however a different shirt size may not be available at that time. To find out how to transfer, click here.
This race starts at the Ridgefield Playhouse and ends at Ballard Park. Scroll for parking info.
For safety reasons, strollers are not allowed on the course, as the course will not be completely closed to traffic.
Packet Pickup Information:
- Friday, May 8th 9a-6p BMW of Ridgefield, 746 Danbury Road, Ridgefield
- Saturday, May 9th 10a-5p Ridgefield Running Company, 423 Main Street, Ridgefield
- Race Day: Beginning at 7:00 AM on the steps of the Ridgefield Playhouse.
COURSE MAP: Click here.
The race will start in the parking lot of the Ridgefield Playhouse, but there will be LIMITED parking there, and only near Yanity Gym. If you choose to park there, you will not be able to leave the lot until after the 5k race has passed through. Since the race will finish at Ballard Park, we highly recommend parking at one of the town lots and walking to Ballard Park. Click here for a map of town parking lots. You may also park at Veterans Park School and East Ridge Middle School. For reference, Ballard Park is at 485 Main Street, Ridgefield, 06877.
- Are strollers and dogs allowed on the race? NO strollers or dogs for safety reasons. The roads are no completely closed to traffic.
- Can I wear headphones? No. People wearing in-ear headphones are a serious safety hazard on the course. The roads are not closed to traffic and you need to be able to hear your surroundings and police/course marshal instructions. Wear one earbud or use "open ear" type headphones. Note: Runners wearing headphones will not be eligible for awards.
- I can't run. Can I just give someone else my bib? NO! For safety reasons, we need to know exactly who is on the course. If a runner needs medical attention we use the info from the race bib to make emergency contacts. Plus, wearing another's bib can interfere with the age group and even overall race results. Please do not "give" your bib to others. You can transfer your registration to someone else up until May 1, 2020.
- My friend/partner/child is not registered. Can he/she just run with me? NO! This is called "banditing" and is essentially using race resources without paying for them. It's also a safety issue, and even if that person doesn't take the medal or use the potties, they are still using resources they haven't paid for. We have capacity limits set for the race as per Ridgefield Police Dept, so it's also like crashing a wedding or party you didn't RSVP for. Please don't bandit races, it's just not nice. You child can wait for you just inside Ballard Park and cross the finish line with you, though!
- I can't make it to Package Pick Up, can a friend pick up for me? YES.
- Does the race happen rain or shine? You bet! Unless there is a natural disaster that prevents a safe race course, there will be a race!
- I can't race, can I get a refund? Sorry, no refunds or deferrals for any reason (including injury); races are planned months in advance. We pay vendors and have to buy runner gifts quite early in the planning process (it's a bit like a wedding!). You may transfer your registration to another runner as a "gift" by May 1, 2020. To find out how, click here.
- This is my first race! What other things do I need to know? Congratulations! We've created a Race Etiquette Guide that will answer many of your questions. Click here.