Team Captains: Start Here!
Download our 2017 Team Captain How-to Guide, offering two pages packed with tips and inspirations to fuel your team to great successes this Race season.
Important Deadline: Team member registrations that are mailed must be postmarked by April 15 to count toward the Team Participation Challenge (see below). Online registrations must be complete by 11:50 p.m. on May 1 to count toward official team totals.
Go Above & Beyond, Win a Dietz & Watson Grillebration for Your Entire Team!
Two Grillebrations up for Grabs: as Rookie Team of the Year or as Team Showing the Most Fundraising Growth.
Dietz & Watson is going above and beyond to reward two 2017 Susan G. Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure teams that go above and beyond in their 2017 team fundraising! Win the challenge and Dietz & Watson will host a party at your location complete with fresh grilled hotdogs and all the fixings.
- Returning Teams: The winning team will be the one that exceeds its 2016 fundraising total by the greatest amount in 2017. Team must exceed 2016 fundraising by at least $2,500.
- Rookie Teams: The winner will be the team that raises the most of all first-time teams in 2017. $2,500 minimum requirement.
Because this challenge is based on fundraising growth, it doesn’t matter if your 2016 team raised $250 or a $25,000 —everyone has an equal chance to win! Dietz & Watson is geared up to “Grille-brate” a huge team—making this prize perfect for a summer family reunion, corporate picnic or anything in between. So be sure to register as many team members as you can and encourage all of them to fundraise! (Fundraising must be submitted online by Race day to be counted in this challenge.)
Team-building Challenge Achievers.
Congratulations to our Made in the Shade winning teams! BB's Boobies, Bella Anna Bella, Bosom Buddies, Fit for Tits, Fogg Lights, In memory of marge, Komen Pink Worker Bees, Maria's Cheerleaders, Mt Airy Family Practice, My-T Warriors, Nancy's Knockers, Shirley's Temple, Spomenka, Spring-Ford School District Employees and Friends, Spunky's Hope, St. Matthew AME Church Team Healing Hands, Team Daniels, Team Debbie, Team Einstein, #Team Kelly, Team Quattro Cares, TEAM ROAR, Team Saul Ewing, team teeny, Team Trow, Twin Oak Survivors
Look who went even further! Of our Made in the Shade challenge winners above, 5 teams when the distance to add another 10 or more new members in the month of April, earning each team 20 tickets to an upcoming Phillies game. Our successful teams in this challenge are: Bella Anna Bella, Spomenka, Spring-Ford School District Employee and Friends, Team Debbie, and Team Einstein
Don't forget Our 10th Annual Team T-Shirt Contest.
Be among the first 25 teams to mail your team t-shirt to the Komen Philadelphia office and we will display it at the Race weekend events. All 25 submitted t-shirts will be eligible for ‘dollar votes’ that will count towards your team’s fundraising goal. All t-shirts must be in the office no later than Friday, May 5, 2017. When submitting your team t-shirt, please be sure to include your team name, Team Captain name and a cell-phone number on which you can be reached Race morning.
Mailing Address for submission of entries:
Susan G. Komen Philadelphia
Attn: Team T-Shirt Contest
125 S. 9th Street, Suite 202
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Why Form a Team?
There’s a special power to Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure teams. It starts with a team Captain who turns his or her personal passion for the cause into leadership in order to make a very big impact.
By forming a team, you give others the opportunity to also channel their personal passions into actions that fuel the fight against breast cancer. Together, all these individual passions work together to build a formidable “we” that is altogether fun, supportive and undeniably More Than Pink™ in the fight to end breast cancer!
- May share the role with up to two other Co-captains.
- Take the lead in uniting friends, co-workers, neighbors and family in a unique and meaningful Race experience.
- Look for communications from our team "Captain of Captains" who will offer assistance with fundraising, leveraging team exclusives and accessing other great resources.
- Must be officially registered for the 2017 Komen Philadelphia Race for the Cure and provide an email address when registering, allowing you to receive critical Race communications.
Team Captain Pick-Up Opportunity
Team Captains can pick up team member T-shirts and Race materials at either of these team-only events:
Friday, April 21, 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. NEW TIME!
Saturday, April 22, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Both of these pickup events occur at the Gustine Recreation Center, 4868 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129
If you intend to take advantage of team pick-up, we will bundle your team's materials if you
* Send an email by Wednesday, April 19, to RaceIntern1@KomenPhiladelphia.org
* In that email, provide your team name along with the day and approximate time you/your representative will come
* Have an alphabetical list of your team members to facilitate your pick up.
You can do it all at Team Captain Pick-up
- New entries for team members
- Submit Donations
- Purchase Park n Ride Passes
- Purchase Score Tags
- Purchase Raffles
- Order a Race Day Sign
- And even get your questions answered!
- Thousands of Race participants join teams because they know teams have more power and fun as they take step after step together to be More Than Pink™ in the fight to end breast cancer!
- Benefit from a host of exclusive perks and resources to make the entire Race season spectacular.
- Must be officially registered for the Race and provide an accurate team name (i.e., the official team registered by your team Captain) during the registration process.
Suggested team size:
Minimum 10 members.
Team fundraising goal:
Each team member is encouraged to raise at least $250 (enough to potentially fund one mammogram and one clinical exam for a woman in need).
- Business/Corporate/University: Businesses, colleges, universities.
- Community/Support Groups: Clubs, sports/fitness programs, support groups, sororities/fraternities, schools (preschools to 8th grade).
- Faith-based Groups: Churches, synagogues, mosques, all faith communities.
- Friends and Family: Friends, family members, neighbors.
- Student-led: Students, faculty and staff, as well as family and friends (grades high school and below).
- Hospitals: Employees, staff and patients, as well as family and friends. Teams in this category automatically qualify for the Ultimate Hospital Showdown. Contact Shannon@KomenPhiladelphia.org for details.
- Law Firms for the Fight: Lawyers, friends and family, as well as employees of legal firms.
Team Participation and Team Fundraising Challenge Trophies
One trophy will be awarded to:
- The largest team (most members) in each of the categories listed above. For a team member to be counted for this challenge, mailed registrations must be postmarked by April 15 and online registrations must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on May 1
- Top fundraising team. Determination of the winner will be based on total fundraising submitted by Race day, May 14. Must raise at least $2,500 to qualify.
The winners in each category will also be recognized at our Race Thank You celebration in August.