In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
**DUE TO HEALTH CONCERNS IN THE CURRENT ENVIRONMENT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL OCTOBER 9, 2021 TO ENSURE WE CAN HAVE THE SAME FESTIVE EVENT.
Benefiting Manna House
Please join us for the 21st Annual Spirit's 5K & and Beer Mile. This race will start and Finish at Spirits. You will run through the Beautiful Historic Garden District. Join us after the race for a great finishing party including food, drinks, and fellowship with great friends. Packet pickup with be at Spirits starting at 12 noon and finishing at 1:45. 5k and 1 mile will start at 2pm with beer mile to follow at 3pm. Beer for the beer mile will be provided by Huckleberry Brewing company.
What is a Beer Mile? The concept is simple: a beer every quarter mile for 1 mile. Sounds easy? Not quite. The race will start at Spirits and finish four beers later with a heart-pounding sprint to the finish. If you are feeling courageous you can sign up for both races at a discounted rate.
Beer Mile Rules
1. Each competitor drinks four beers and runs four quarter laps.
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters).
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps (past rule lists only required ladies to drink three beers).
5. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol. Beer will be provided by Huckleberry Brewery.
6. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
7. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Run Wild 4611 Jackson Street, Alexandria. La.
Friday, January 29th 10am-5:30pm
Saturday, January 30th 10am-12pm
At Race site starting @1pm
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.