In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The 6th Annual Heels Up Half Marathon & Relay will take place on March 12, 2022 in Shreveport, Louisiana.
The beautiful 13.1 mile race throughout South Shreveport Neighborhoods begins and ends at Provenance Community! Proceeds from this race supports The Hub Urban Ministries, Purchased: Not for Sale.
Every dollar raised ensures that we can serve women and children trapped in the sex industry and victims of human trafficking. Purchased: Not for Sale exists to connect women in the sex industry and victims of sex trafficking to rescue, relationships, resources and recovery, all things necessary to break free from the bondage they are in and live the life God created them to live.
This year we are going to have a neighborhood competition. So support your neighborhood and make sure to enter the name for that particular neighborhood to help them win.
***T-shirts only guaranteed to those who sign up before February 22, 2022***
Packets can be picked up at:
RUN WILD 9462 Ellerbe Road, Shreveport, La.
Wednesday, March 9th from 11am – 6pm
Thursday, March 10th from 11am – 6pm
Friday, March 11th from 11am – 5:30pm
Race Day at Race site beginning at 6:30am
Male and Female 1st place overall finishers - Cash Prize
Male and Female 2nd place overall finishers
Age Group Male & Female 1st Place winners
19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Overall 1st place group winner - Cash Prize
Overall 2nd & 3rd place Relay Groups.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Letter from your Race Director: Today’s world and collective national climate with the Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to make a few event format changes and put some safeguards in place for everyone’s comfort and safety. The well-being, peace of mind and safety of you the participant and the event staff is paramount in our planning and execution. Please read these few simple guidelines.
- On-line registration is available at runsignup.com. Pre-registration is not mandatory, but highly suggested to avoid waiting in line any longer than necessary.
- Pre-race day packet pickup and walk-up registration is available at Run Wild, 9462 Ellerbe Road, Suite 140, Shreveport, Louisiana (318) 562-3519.
- Only one member of your party is needed to register or pickup. Face mask is mandatory.
- Event T-shirts, race bibs with timing tag on the back and event medallion will be issued at pickup pre- race day, as well race morning for walk up registrants. NO replacements will be issued.
- You do have the option to run/walk on your own time. Race day attendance is not mandatory if you want to avoid the gathering.
- Location –Provenance Neighborhood
- 6:30AM – 7:15 AM Walk up registration and pre-registered packet pickup
- Only one member in your party needs to be in these lines, waivers will need to be filled out and signed by consenting adult. These are short forms. Minimal information is needed to provide you with results. Please print neatly for clerk. Hand sanitizer will be located at these locations.
· -Event T-shirts, race bibs with timing tag on the back and event medallion will be issued as you
Register or pick up your packets prior to race start. T-shirts are pre-shrunk 50/50 blend. NO exchanges or replacements will be issued after the participant has touched it. We cannot hold your gear or “stash it.”
- This will be a wave start event. It is a chip timed run/walk so your time doesn’t begin until you cross the start line. Please wear the race bib in the front. Wave and corral markers will be up race morning.
- Race start 7:30 AM Finish 12:00 PM
A few commonsense guidelines:
- Please respect people’s space and abide by the 6’ guidelines currently the norm around the world with people not in your party. The social distance police will not be present, please use good judgement.
- Do not spit. Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze.
- Masks must be worn per municipal guidelines while waiting in lines at pickup or registration, traveling to and from your transportation, using the restroom and waiting for the event to start or finish.
- Awards will be given out. We will not post results on site as it creates a congregation point. Results link will be posted online at www.runsignup.com on the 2021 Race Results tab.
- Please do not congregate at the finish line, there is plenty of room to wait for friends and family as well as cheer them on in that great big open field.
- The amazing food spread we typically put out at the finish line each year, won’t be able to happen. Congregation, shared utensils, possible airborne contaminants all pose an undue risk. In lieu of not having this amenity we have lowered the event fee. Hope you understand.
- Please ask spectators and support staff to skip the festivities this year.
- If you’ve tested positive and are or have recovered from Covid-19, been exposed to it, have been medically quarantined in the last 14 days, feel feverish or have a current fever. I am going to respectfully ask you to not participate or visit with us race morning.
- Any questions, please contact Run Wild at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.