In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://whoville5k.com/.
Join us this year for West Michigan's favorite Christmas run and walk! Returning again this year are Cat in the Hats, Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thing 4, Thing 32, Santa and the infamous Mr and Mrs Mayor! Kids' Run will include a snowball fight and there will be enough hot chocolate for everyone.
Start time of 1pm on Sunday, December 9!!
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, Dec 5 at 11pm
• On-Line Registration closes at 11pm. (Additional registrations will still be taken at participant check-in on Dec 8 from 4-8pm.and race day, Dec 9 from 11:30AM to 1PM)
Friday, Dec 7
• 4pm to 8pm -- Participant check-in/late registration at Gazelle Sports, 3930 28th St SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Race Day, Sunday, Dec 9
• 11:30am to 1:00pm -- Runner Check In/Late Registration at Riverside Park, 2001 Monroe Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI 49505.
• 12:55pm -- Introduction of the characters
• 1pm - the kid's fun run begins
• 5K run begins immediately after kid's run
• 5k walkers line up behind runners
• Approx 2:00pm Costume contest and raffle prizes awarded (most be present to win EXCEPT for Grinch quilt)
There is limited parking at this event..please car pool if possible.
There is no parking in the park since it is closed for the season. All parking is along Monroe and other city streets in the area. **DO NO PARK AT THE MARINE CORE RESERVE CENTER.** Parking for volunteers will be at the southern most parking lot located at the corner of Monroe and Knapp Streets.
We will have crossing guards and a police officer to assist participants in crossing Monroe Ave before the event at the corner of Knapp and Monroe. **There will be no crossing guards after the event so please be careful.**
Runner Check-In Procedure
Look up your bib number before getting in line. Provide that number at the check-in table. Please pin your bib to the most outer layer. This will need to be visible for the refreshment tent.
We will be selling hot chocolate and coffee at the Whoville Cafe for spectators for a suggested donation of $1 a cup. All proceeds from the cafe will got to Feeding America West Michigan.
Please be prepared to run in snowy, cold weather. If we have a heavy snowfall the weekend of the event, the course will not be plowed or melting materials will not be applied. This is Michigan people! If we get a significant snow event, we will cancel and not reschedule. That call may be made on race day so watch Facebook for the latest details.
If you feel uncomfortable running in the weather we have that day, by all means please don't run.