In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Please read this important notice about the Summerfest 5k. There are two important takeaways:
1. We’re going virtual!!
2. ALL proceeds will benefit Saline Area Social Services
While Saline’s Summerfest event has been canceled this year, the Saline Cross Country program will still hold a virtual version of the annual Summerfest 5k presented by Ann Arbor Running Company. In past years, this race has been a fundraiser for the high school cross country program. In 2020, due to the unprecedented impact of COVID-19, Saline Cross Country has decided to donate 100% of the proceeds from the event to Saline Area Social Services (SASS). SASS is fulfilling a key mission to our community and needs our support. How can you help?
1. Register for the race by 7/23/2020 to be guaranteed to receive a shirt and bib before race weekend. Runners registering after 7/23/2020 will not be guaranteed a shirt.
2. You will receive a race shirt with a cool new design and Summerfest 5k bib.
3. On the weekend of 8/8/2020, run your race wherever you are most comfortable, neighborhood, track, bike trail, treadmill, etc.
4. Post your results to Twitter, Strava, and/or Facebook, and tag them #salinesummerfest5k2020.
Oh, you want more? How about a few extra contests for bragging rights? Over the weekend of 8/8/2020, you can compete for one of the following:
1. Most Creative Route – show us your route, maybe you want to spell out SASS or SXC, maybe you want to draw a cool picture with your route – you choose!! We will post your route for all to see.
2. Furthest from Saline - as measured by google maps. Post a picture to Twitter, Facebook and/or strava with #salinesummerfest5k2020 showing your route and location. Whoever is furthest away from the Four Corners will win bragging rights and be referred to as the SASS/Saline XC Long Distance Supporter.
3. Best photo – Post a picture in your race t-shirt or any Saline XC gear at the most picturesque part of your run. The winner will be crowned Ms. or Mr. Photogenic and will adorn our run website for at least the next year.
We hope to be back in person next year. For 2020, we appreciate any support you can provide to SASS and the Saline XC programs. As you participate, we ask that you please observe all local, state and national restrictions that may be issued for your area.
Help support Saline Area Social Services as they support families in our community. All funds raised will go directly to SASS. A $100 donation and over will receive $20 off entry fee, $50 donation receives $10 off entry fee and a $25 donation will receive $5 off entry fee. Choose the donation level during the registration process and the discount will be taken during checkout. Any donation amount welcome!
Thank you for your support!
Get the word out to your friends about this great race! When you refer 3 or more participants you'll get a refund of up to $10.00! At checkout you'll be provided a unique URL, give that to friends, families, etc. and when 3 or more participants register using the URL you'll receive $10!
This race is endorsed by The Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and part of the 2019 Michigan Fitness Foundation Challenge. The challenge encourages Michiganders to engage with events that promote physical activity, health and wellness. You will receive a FIT point for every endorsed event you participate in or volunteer for from January 1, 2019 until December 31st, 2019. Points earn cool swag and a chance to win a Grand Prize! To sign up and learn more click HERE. There is no cost to this challenge.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.