In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Good afternoon and what a day!!! Let's hope for exactly this weather tomorrow morning!!! We just wanted to go over any last minute details and clear up a few things from the Governor's talk yesterday.
**MASKS - Masks are only mandatory on the Shuttle Bus ride over to the Start area. We will have disposable masks available for each athlete, or you can wear your own and place it in your Morning Clothes Bag (See below)****
1) PACKET PICKUP - Packet pickup begins at 545 am at the Dorchester County Visitor Center (2 Rose Hill Place). You will find us easily because we will be under the giant sail!! Though we will be outside, if you are not comfortable around other people, feel free to wear a mask while in line.
Please be sure to have your COVID QUESTIONNAIRE completed before showing up to packet pickup. If you did not get an email with it, or are a recent registrant, find that 30 second survey at the top of the race page at www.MarylandFreedomSwim.com
2) CHANGING - We will have two large tents set up, with side walls, at the Packet Pickup area for you to change at. These will be 10x10 tents with side walls. If you are not comfortable being in close proximity to others, please feel comfortable wearing a mask.
3) PARKING - With the loss of the Hospital overflow lot, if there is no parking at the race site, please continue down to Governor's Hall at Sailwinds Park (.3 mile walk) and park within the CONED OFF AREA ONLY!!!! There will be a cone line (small cones) that you can follow over to the packet pickup area.
4) PERSONAL SWIM BUOYS - Personal Swim Buoys ARE allowed, and encouraged, for those who wish to wear one during the swim. The leash should be short enough (as most are) that it does not impede any other athlete's swim.
5) MORNING CLOTHES BAG - When you pick up your packet, we will give you a clear bag (18 in x 18 in) that will already have your bib number on it. You should bring that bag with you, on the shuttle, to the START AREA. You will be able to place it in a large bag, which will then be transported back to the FINISH area for you to pick up. These will be under our control the whole time, so feel free to have your keys in it. Please, try to keep all of the major valuables in your vehicle if you can.
6) AWARDS - As long as we can keep some distance, we WILL be doing awards for the event!!! While you wait, we will have boxes with some light breakfast items for you while you wait!
7) START - We will have small bottles of water at the start line for athletes. There are no portos at the start line. Shuttles will begin at 7am to the start area. Self seeded swim, with 6 people going in the water every 10 seconds or so. Your time starts when you cross the start mat, so no need to crowd the start line!
Don't forget.... 6:50am athlete talk tomorrow morning. Have all your course questions answered by the course crew!!!
See you tomorrow morning! Be sure to get those COVID surveys done and check out the Athlete Guide with any questions.