In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Uwharrie Running Club Turkey Trot 4.2 Mile Run Update
For us to continue to host outdoor running/walking events, it is very important that you follow the COVID guidelines that have been established for the Turkey Trot.
The URC's Turkey Trot will be held Thanksgiving Morning at 6:45 am at the Stanly County Family YMCA with the following modifications due to COVID-19
1) All Registration will be on-line. There will not be a sign-in table this year at the Turkey Trot, just register on-line show up and run.
If you ordered a shirt or hoodie, they are available for pick-up at Vac & Dash Wednesday from 9-5:30. For those that do not pick them up early, we will have them at the Turkey Trot on Thursday beginning at 6:15 am.
2) There will be a 45-minute window for you to start the run. You can start anytime between 6:45 am and 7:30 am. If you are meeting friends or family to run/walk with, once everyone arrives, please start ASAP and not linger around.
The course is well marked with yellow signs with red arrows.
3) Wear a mask before and after the run/walk. If you are running alone or running with members of your household, you do not have to wear a mask while running/walking. If you are running/walking with someone from a household other than your own, keep a distance of 6 feet. If you can not maintain a distance of 6 feet apart and are running/walking with someone that is not in your household, new NC guidelines require that you wear a mask.
Complimentary masks will be available at the Turkey Trot.
4) The Uwharrie Running Club will not be accepting canned goods and non-perishable goods this year at the Turkey Trot. Instead, the Uwharrie Running Club is accepting donations for the Stanly Community Christian Ministries when you register on-line.
5) Water and snacks will not be provided during this event.
6) One of the positive features of the Turkey Trot has been the socialization that occurs between friends, as the Thanksgiving morning run is a reunion where friends gather for a bit. We ask this year, that when you are greeting friends, please keep a social distance and wear a mask.
7) Thursday's forecast calls for 55 degrees with a chance of rain. The run will be held rain or shine.
8) Vac & Dash will be open from 7:30 am to 9:00 or so with our doorbuster specials.
On behalf of the Uwharrie Running Club, I would like to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving,
Start the day off in the calorie deficit column with a free run with optional Turkey Trot Apparel to purchase.
The holiday tradition starts at 6:45 am at the YMCA park at 427 N. Street, Albemarle, NC 28001. Race Day Registration begins at 6:00 am.
1) Rather than a set start time, runners/walkers can start anytime between 6:45 am to 7:30 am.
2) We will not be accepting canned and non-perishable foods this year for Stanly Communities Christian Ministries. Instead, we will be accepting donations for Stanly Community Christian Ministries when you register on-line. Any donation will be greatly appreciated to help SCCM fill their food pantry for the holidays.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.