In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Imagine if the last thing you said was the last thing you said... period. Aphasia is a communication disorder that does NOT impact intelligence or memory, rather a person’s ability to use language in the forms of speech, writing, reading and listening. Even with intact intellect, individuals suffering from aphasia often feel isolated.
The Triangle Aphasia Project, Unlimited is a nonprofit organization that provides programming to individuals with aphasia, their families, and the community. With a Life Participation approach, we strive to reduce communication barriers and improve social engagement and speech/language potential. TAP provides group programs, trainings, education and opportunities throughout the Triangle and beyond.
TAP's goal for Strides for Speech is not just to help support its community programming but also provide a fun, safe activity for those with aphasia and their families. Whether you walk, run, stroll, or roll this 5K, 10K, or Fun Run its a perfect opportunity for everyone to come together to support TAP and learn more about how they can help those they serve.
A CHOOSE YOUR OWN DISTANCE virtual race is also available for those runners who are participating from far away or aren't comfortable racing in-person yet. * Shipping included for virtual races.
Scroll down for more details about how you can win great prizes and swag by referring people to sign up with you!
Strides for Speech is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving pandemic situation any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be emailed to all registered participants prior to the race. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Fred G. Bond Metro Park (801 High House Rd., Cary, NC 27513). (Venue subject to change as permitted by local officials.)
Course Information: The course is around Bond Park with dirt, grass, paved, and natural trails with moderate to big hills; conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 10K , or Fun Run. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Volunteers: We need your help! If you're available to assist us with registration, handing out water, and cheering on runners please sign up to volunteer between 8:00 AM -12:00 PM.Sign up through the link in the menu!
Race Souvenirs: Strides for Speech shirts are included with registration for all events until October 12th. * In-person race packets will not be shipped!
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports and Fit & Able Productions. Award distribution information will be provided in pre-race email. Save your Strides for Speech bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on November 5th at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted at packet pick-up and race day between ONLY 9:00 - 9:30 AM.
* Final pre-race packet pickup information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the virtual race.
Race Location: Anywhere you want to run! You can run wherever you are comfortable: on the greenways, in your neighborhood, even around your living room. Just stay safe, have fun, and log the distance you signed up to run.
Course Information: Course conditions depend on the weather and where you choose to run. There will not be an athletic trainer or any water stations provided on the course other than public restrooms and water fountains available at parks. A virtual race is BYOB!
Events: All results must be submitted by participants; we highly recommend tracking your run on RaceJoy (completely optional!), which can automatically submit your finish time. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
Race Souvenirs: Strides for Speech shirts are included with registration for all events until October 12th. * Virtual race packets will be shipped!
Packet Pick-up: Race packet shipping is included with virtual race registration. All packets will be shipped the week following the in-person race.
Online registration closes on November 6th at 10 AM.
You can also potentially get up to $15 off each team member's registration fee when you recruit a Charity Race Team!
1. First, create a Charity Race Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your team.
3. After 10 members join the team all will get an automatic $5 refund on their registration fee! Plus a $5 discount for future team members.
4. When your team reaches 25 members everyone will get another $5 refund! Plus a $10 discount for future team members.
5. AND, when your team reaches 50 members everyone will get yet another $5 refund! Plus a $15 discount for that last team member!
Some Restrictions Apply. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
TAP’s goal for Strides for Speech is not just to help support its community programming but also provide a fun, safe activity for those with aphasia, their families and friends, and their community. Whether you walk, run, stroll, or roll, this 5K and ½ mile event is a perfect opportunity for everyone to come together to support TAP Unlimited and learn more about how they can help those we serve.
If you're interested in sponsoring Strides for Speech to support Triangle Aphasia Project, Unlimited, or having an exhibit table at the in-person event, please follow this link: https://www.aphasiaproject.org/become-a-strides-for-speech-sponsor/?v=7516fd43adaa.
Thank you for your help in making this a great event!
If you have a song you'd like us to add to the Official Strides for Speech Playlist (and it's both appropriate for all ages and fits the Strides for Speech theme!), then please send your suggestion to email@example.com and we will check it out!
Strides for Speech and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Strides for Speech.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.