In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://jonscholarship.com.
The 5k run or walk race this year is being changed to a virtual race, as a safety precaution. This means you can complete the 5k run/walk on any course at any time during the week of October 11 to 18th. Normally the 5k run/walk has started at the Califon, NJ bridge and proceeded down River Road along the beautiful South Branch of the Raritan river. At the halfway point, Hoffman's Crossing, it loops back along the Columbia Trail to end at the historic Califon train station. This year you can run this 5k route OR ANY OTHER 5k route, Including a treadmill!! You record your run/walk time at any time or place during the week of October 11th through 18th. You can even do it in segments, e.g. 1k/day! Those interested can run the normal route in small socially distanced groups on October 18th at 1:00 PM. There will be information on how to send your times by email. You are encouraged to also send a picture. Times and pictures will be posted on the race web page (jonscholarship.com) and Facebook page(https://www.facebook.com/JonathanSllusherMemorial5kRunWalk/). There will be medals and high quality t-shirts as in previous years. Your t-shirt and medal can be picked up on October 18th at the Califon train station between 12 and 3 PM or they can be mailed to you if you provide a shipping address and cover a nominal mailing fee. As of early July, it has not been decided whether there will be a Califon Fall Festival in October this year. All of your registration fee goes to the tax exempt Jon Slusher Memorial Scholarship Foundation to fund scholarships for local high school students going to college to study journalism and communications. With your help 43 scholarships of $1000 each have been awarded since 2012.
Latest Update: Dear Jon Slusher Runners/Walkers. Above is listed the protocol for participating in the Jon Slusher 5K Virtual Covid-19 Run/Walk for 2020. Please consider participating and encourage your friends to do likewise. Many students look to us for college assistance, so we want them to know they can count on the Jonathan Slusher Memorial Scholarship Foundation. Our only fundraiser is the 5K Run/Walk. Folks who donate also make a big contribution toward the scholarships. We have no overhead and no salaries to pay so every cent coming to us is applied directly to the scholarships. To recap the above directions:
1. Sign up for the Race on this site at: https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Califon/JonathanSlusherMemorial5k. The registration fee is $25.
2. Choose a place where you would like to Run/Walk: in front of your house, on a treadmill, around the block, in the woods or just anywhere. Do this between Oct. 11 to Oct. 18.
3. Time yourself and take a picture of yourself as you cross your finish line. Then send this information to Shirley Slusher, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Times and pictures will be posted on the webpage (jonscholarship.com) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/JonathanSlusher5kMemorialRunWalk/)
5. You will receive a Jon Slusher 5K Run/Walk Covid-19 Tshirt and a medal. Should you choose to have us mail your Tshirt and medal to you, please send us your shipping address together with a $5.00 mailing fee. Other option is to pick up your Tshirt and medal at the Califon Train Station on Oct. 18 between 1 and 3 PM. I will be there to help and for this, there is no shipping fee.
6. Please note that your registration fee goes directly to scholarships through the foundation.
We take this opportunity to thank all of you for your consistent support of our Race/Walk and the many students your generosity affects.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.