8th Street and Division Street
JERSEY CITY, NJ US 07302
- We have updated both courses on MapMyRun which you can download. They are not USATF certified courses, so they are not EXACT as far as the half and full marathon distance goes.
- We also have new very detailed turn by turn instructions below. It is recommended that you carry them on your run.
- If you want to qualify for a medal and be placed (yes we will have our wonderful metal keys again), you will need to email your results from Strava, Garmin, or another similar service with a map to email@example.com so we know that you ran the official course. The point of the races are not just the distances but also the HILLS.
- Marathoners that will take longer than 6 hours may start at 7am.
- If you do not email us a link to your results and map, you can take a photo of your watch, or screenshot of your phone, and we will record your finish time, but we will not place you or award a medal.
- You must NOT stop your watch if you are caught at a light - Our course records are legit for these courses, including stops. We will use the "total elapsed time" from your run tracking service to determine your official time and placement.
- You must sign our waiver which includes COVID information.
- You must pay attention to all traffic signs - For those who have done our course before, you know how tricky our course is, be careful!
Our Half Marathon Course.
Half marathon course: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/3420629224
Link to Turn By Turn Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sxZbR8iDa214p6MW2mF8Eq3-24xtWCcH/view?usp=sharing
RunGo turn instructions - https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/uXCTrus5NB
Our half course is a half marathon length. You will have a good shot at a course PR, especially if it is your first time, but you will probably NOT have your PR for a half marathon--unless it is your first.
You will climb 1,137' of elevation, some steep hills.
You will have amazing views of Manhattan and see Jersey City's fab Bear Mural.
There are Tiger Mart convenience stores listed in our directions, and there are gas stations along the route.
The course records are:
- Jason Teran 1:30:25 (M) Sunday, December 5, 2021
- Sarah Schillaci 1:37:04 (F) Sunday, December 2, 2018
Full Course - Marathon
Full course: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/3423260443
Link to Turn By Turn Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lDbcL4_lIsfVkVbUhxrx6nwQDRE2o9A-/view?usp=sharing
RunGo turn instructions - https://routes.rungoapp.com/route/RM3KmNbyTk
Our full course is Marathon length (close enough for a fatass). We are challenging our friends to run our full route. You will have a good shot at a course PR, but you will probably NOT have your PR for a marathon--unless it is your first.
You will climb 2,701' of elevation, some very steep hills.
You will have amazing views of Manhattan, Jersey City's fab Bear Mural, the Weehawken Cliffs (Hamilton duel fame) and turning around in James Braddock Park (Cinderella Man fame).
Our course has lots and lots of turns. We need you to be super careful when crossing the roads, some are one way, and a lot are busy, so please obey the traffic signals. Be aware you will NOT make the full course without getting stuck at least one light!
The course records are:
- Jason Teran 3:27:21 (M) Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Carmen Ludizaca 4:03:44 (F) Saturday, December 5, 2020
Race Contact Info
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.