In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Special Thanks to the Monmouth County Parks System for accommodating our last minute changes.
Information: The Second annual “Sea Turtle Race” will travel around the scenic Thompsopn Park in Lincroft. The 5k race will start at 9 am with a 1.6 mile Family Fun Walk starting at 9:15 am. Refreshments will not be available due to COVID-19 restrictions. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER AND REFRESHMENTS.
Now through October 11th: $30/1 person or Group Discount $25/person with 4 or more people.
October 12th through October 22nd: $35/1 person or Group Discount $30/person with 4 or more people.
NO Race Day Registration. Online Registration ONLY
T-Shirts: Race shirts will be provided for participants who pre-register by October 11th. Race shirts will be available in limited quantity to those who sign up on or after October 12th as supplies last on a first come, first served basis at check in.
Race Day: 800 am Packet Pickup
9:00 am 5k Run Starts
9:15 am Family Fun Walk Starts
Awards: 5k Run only
Top Male Overall
Top Female Overall
Top 2 Male/Female Age Groups:
19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Parking: Enter the park at 805 Newman Springs Rd, Lincroft, NJ 07738 and take the first left. Follow the road to the end and look for the “Group Use Area Parking” sign. Follow the dirt road to the group lot.
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED. THE RACE DIRECTOR AND TIMING COMPANY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO FOLLOW THESE RULES, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE.
1. All runners required to wear masks/face covering pre- and post race. Race staff wear masks full time.
2. There will be Online registration only, and there will be absolutely no Race Day Registration.
3. Check in will be done onsite. Runner bags with names on them will be placed on a table and you will pick up your corresponding bag.
4. Race day check in line(s) will be marked with 6-ft intervals (as in stores now).
5. No water will be supplied - runners required to BYO
6. Hand sanitizer/soap & water at bathrooms/PortaJohns, runners must wear masks when using and there will be 6-ft spacing marked on waiting lines.
7. Start “line” replaced by grid - runners stand on marked spots at 6 ft. spacing (similar to Indy/Grand Prix auto start - see diagram below) and runners/walkers will be allowed to start every 5-10 seconds, 3 -4 runners wide. If you have immediate family members that you live with, you can start together. Your bib number will be your starting order, i.e. bib 1 will go 1st, Bib 2, will go 2nd, etc.
8. Chip timing will be used and all awards calculated based on Chip Time, NOT GUN TIME!
9. Runners “encouraged” to leave finish area ASAP. No congregating in groups afterward.
10. Results will be streamed live and no paper results will be printed.
11. During the race runners may be asked to adhere to a “no drafting” rule similar to triathlons, I.e. they must maintain a 6-ft. separation from runners they pass or are passed by.
12. There will be a cap of 225 registrants total. No exceptions!
13. Rules are subject to change at any time as per NJ Governor Executive orders and Department of Health Guidelines.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.