In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Borough of Stone Harbor is calling upon its citizens to come together and commemorate the 20th anniversary of the attacks on 9/11 with a 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk. We will salute those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and run with their memories in our hearts. The race will start at First Ave and 96th, just a block away from Freedom Park, where a piece of the wreckage stands as an everlasting tribute. Please join us back at Freedom Park after the race (approx. 10:30) for a Memorial Ceremony.
RACE DAY DETAILS
- Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration will be in the Borough Hall parking lot located on 96th Street, one block from the starting line
- Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup opens at 7:00 am and will close at 8:30
- No more registrations will be accepted 8:30 to ensure everyone is present at the start line for the directors address and pre race ceremonies
- The race will begin at 96th and First Ave at 8:46. Walkers may proceed once all runners have cleared the start line
- Awards and memorial services will be held back at the Borough Hall lot (approx 10:00 and 10:30)
Please consider donating to these organizations that serve first responders and their families
This event is managed in part by Second Capital Running
Second Capital Running is offering a Special Discount for the Run For Nurses 5K on September 12th in Sea Isle City. Those that register for the Stone Harbor 9/11 Memorial 5K are eligible for a 20% discount on registration for the 5K*. Proceeds from this race will benefit the Cape Regional Foundation by providing funding for both the Robert J. Sorenson Employee Education Fund and the Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship Fund. To receive your discount, please use the contact form below after registering for the Stone Harbor Memorial 5K.
*Discount only eligible for the 5K and not the Mile Walk
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.