In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
When and where does the event take place?
Sunday, January 31st, 2021 at Lake County Fairgrounds, 1301 Mentor Ave, Painesville, OH 44077.
Is this a physical running event?
Yes. GCXC Racing has the approval of the Lake County Public Health Department.
What time does the event start?
We will have waves of 50, spaced apart every 30 seconds beginning at 9:00am. You will have a chip start and finish.
Do you have a virtual option?
Yes. You can register for the virtual race option.
What's included in my registration?
Your registration includes a participate shirt, bib number and a finisher medal.
When can I pick up my race packet?
Packet pick-up will be at Second Sole in Mentor on Saturday, January 30th from 11am-5pm.
Race morning at Lake County Fairgrounds from 7:45am-8:45am.
Is there race day packet pick-up and signups?
Are there awards on race day?
Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, there will be no awards presented on race day. Awards can be picked up at Second Sole Mentor at a later date TBD. Award winners will be contacted via email.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
The following race day guidelines have been approved by the Lake County Department of Health. These guidelines are in place for the safety of the participants, volunteers, and race directors. Please do not register if you cannot follow these guidelines. Participants who fail to abide by these rules will be removed and disqualified from the event.
- Participants must be symptom free of illness for 14 days (January 17th & after). Symptomatic individuals MUST stay at home.
- Participants traveling to the event are recommended to travel alone or with members of immediate family only.
- Participants must wear shirt and shoes at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line. We highly recommend carrying your own water. There will be a water stop with volunteers wearing masks and gloves.
During Race Guidelines
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during or after event.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which includes high fives, fist bumps, huddles, or other close contact before, during, or after the event.
- During competition, participants must abide by the six-foot mandated social distancing regulations when passing other participants.
- Upon finishing the race, participants must head directly to their vehicles. No congregating at finish line and/or parking areas.
- Spectators are not permitted on course, at start line, finish line, or parking areas.
- Family members finishing at separate times cannot wait at finish line for other family members.
Thank you for your support!