In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Our race is being held to bring awareness to the Adams County mentoring program, Project Hope. The program strives to match youth currently or formerly in foster care, as well as others with an identified need in our community, ages 13-21, with a positive, caring adult to coach them in daily living activities, be a listening ear, introduce them to new opportunities, empower them to make responsible decisions, and spend time pursuing activities of shared interest.
The 5K will be open to both runners and walkers and will be a timed event. The course is relatively flat, traveling through the Rec Park on Biser Trail and continuing throughout the surrounding, quiet neighborhood in the Colt Park area of Gettysburg. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3-finishers in each age group. Water and aid station will be located on the course. Picnic and entertainment to follow the race.
A portion of your registration fee and donations will assist youth involved with Independent Living and Project Hope in various ways such as providing furniture or small appliances for a first apartment, provide rental or utility assistance, provide groceries for a homeless youth, help cover the cost of a car inspection or repair, and provide professional attire for job-seeking teens leaving foster care.
Email to Race participants sent on 7/12/19:
Hello participants of Adams County’s first ever Mentor MOVEment 5k!
As you may have heard, Project Hope is changing the lives of youth in foster care, ages 13-21, throughout our county due to the power of mentoring. Volunteers from our community have stepped up to the plate and dedicate at least one hour each week with a young person involved in Project Hope. Together they spend time doing activities of shared interest and introduce one another to new opportunities and hobbies. Mentors provide a listening ear and a safe space for many of our youth who may not have anyone but their mentor to turn to.
By participating – walking, running, or volunteering – in the Mentor MOVEment 5k you are supporting Project Hope’s matches and unmatched youth. We are so thankful for you and can’t wait to see you THIS Saturday, July 20th! Below please find more information about race day. You can also RSVP to our event on Facebook for up to date information by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/events/543904782779850/
Friday, July 19th
• PACKET PICKUP, 4:00 – 7:00 pm at the Adams County Agricultural and Natural Resources Building, located at 670 Old Harrisburg Rd., Gettysburg. We will be at the pavilion behind the building, weather permitting. Look for the signs! If you cannot make Packet Pick-Up on Friday, you may pick up your packet on Race Day any time from 6:30-7:45am at the Registration Table.
• PICK UP FOR OTHER PARTICIPANTS ~ You may do so, but please make sure you have the correct name they used when registering for the race.
• RACE SHIRTS ~ If you registered after July 2, we cannot guarantee you will receive a race shirt. We do have extra shirts, which will be available while quantities last.
• SHIRT EXCHANGE ~ If you would like a different size, you may exchange AFTER the race (if any shirts are remaining).
• DOOR PRIZES ~ We have several great door prizes! You will receive a FREE ticket for the drawing with your bib.
Saturday, July 20th
Project Hope’s Mentor MOVEment hosted by Healthy Adams County
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Gettysburg Area Rec Park
545 Long Lane, Gettysburg
• PARKING Please review the attached parking map for available parking. The main lots at the Sterner Building and a portion of Long Lane will be closed (except for handicap parking). We suggest planning your arrival based on at least a short walk to the starting area.
• WEAR YOUR BIB IN THE FRONT You will not need to register in the morning if you already have your race bag, just show up! But please have your bib attached in the front.
• RACE START The pre-race announcements will begin promptly at 7:45 am. All participants must be present and in the starting corral by this time
• WATER & FOOD! We will have free post-race snacks and bottled water at the finish line. A water station will be located at the halfway point of the race. IT’S IMPORTANT TO STAY HYDRATED, SO PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE TO CARRY DURING THE RACE!
• WEATHER The weather for Saturday will be sunny and HOT! Please dress accordingly and remember your sunscreen.
Please let us know if you have any questions: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?