Event Day Health & Safety Rules - Attendee Expectations
Above all, we are anticipating an amazing day of live competition, camaraderie, family activity, and support for the Arman Roy Foundation! In these times, it is each of our responsibilities to protect one another, ourselves, and the community at large. What follows is the plan we have created for a safe and healthy event day. We ask that each attendee reads this guide prior to event day and understands what is expected of them as part of the Arman Roy Foundation 5K Race community.
The event team reserves the right to disqualify and ask to leave anyone not following these rules of participation. If you have any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 including an elevated temperature … DO NOT ATTEND in person rather walk virtually on your own.
As per USA Track & Field and our Insurance Policy:
- Participants, spectators, volunteers, and staff must perform a self-temperature check prior to arrival at the event and confirm it is below 100.4 degrees.
- Attendees must not be experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, must not have been around anyone who was sick in the past 14 days, and must not have travelled internationally or to a travel advisory state in the past 14 days.
Event Day Safety Survey – Attendee Statement & Advisory
- On event morning, by entering our reserved event site in any capacity, you are confirming your acceptance and agreement to this document. Please see below to read the text prior to event day.
- There will be no bag check to limit contact between attendees and volunteers/staff. Please do not bring extra items to the site or return them to your vehicle before your assigned start wave.
- Our event site is vast and naturally allows for social distancing except when approaching certain areas where lines may form such as check-in, port-a-potties, refreshments, and kids' activities. While in those areas, we ask that you abide by our social distancing protocols to keep all attendees safe and comfortable.
- During our welcome and awards ceremonies, attendees tend to congregate near the DJ. We ask that you maintain social distancing during these times and take advantage of the large open outdoor space.
- On course: Pass widely on course to maintain a minimum of 6’ distance (preferably 12’) from others.
- Masks are no longer required at outdoor gatherings as per the State of NJ
- We do ask that you consider carrying your mask around the event site in case you encounter a congested area.
- As per USATF and our Insurance, masks are required to be carried on course, but not required to be worn while running or walking except in certain situations. Please see "On the 5K and Walk courses" below. Disposable masks will be available at the start area.
- Always respect the personal space of others
- Please NO spitting on-site or on the course
- Cough/sneeze away from people and into your elbow
- Remember that in 2021 it is perfectly polite AND expected to NOT shake hands or high 5
- Smiles and good vibes are always welcome!
- Individual sealed water bottles will be available at the event site.
- The course water stations will only have individual sealed bottles (no grab n’ go cups).
- It is recommended that you bring your own water in a hydration pack or favorite water bottle to alleviate any congestion near the water station(s) and to reduce our environmental impact.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in, port-a-potties, refreshments, water tables, and kids activity station.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available at the port-a-potties and refreshments.
- The start area will have a social distancing protocol to keep all runners safe and comfortable.
5K Results & Awards
- Results & Awards are by CHIP time if the crowds require waves starts and there is no one official “gun time” for the start.
- Printed results will not be displayed to avoid close congregating.
- Finish times and places will be available shortly after all runners have finished on the event website.
- An awards ceremony will be held and medals distributed to winners as close to 11:30 a.m. as possible. Please maintain social distancing during the ceremony and retrieve your medal contactlessly from the award table.
- We will have snacks and fruit available for you. Please follow our social distancing and contactless protocols at the refreshment tent.
- As we have a vast event site and due to NJ's removal of outdoor gathering limits, we are happy to announce that we can welcome spectators to the event. Please note that spectators are also subject to all rules and to the Event Day Safety Survey (see below).
Event Day Safety Survey – Attendee Statement & Advisory for all Participants, Spectators, Volunteers, & Staff
On event morning, by entering our reserved event site in any capacity, you are confirming your acceptance and agreement to this document. I certify that I have:
- performed a self-temperature check today and attest that my temperature was below 100.4 F.
- not experienced any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 within the past 7 days (OR at least 7 days from onset of any COVID-19 infection signs or symptoms AND at least 72 hours since signs / symptoms have resolved).
- not been in close or sustained contact with anyone who was sick within the past 14 days.
- not traveled internationally within 10 days of the event (or have completed a 10 day quarantine after US arrival OR a 7 day quarantine with negative test after a 3-5 day quarantine OR are fully vaccinated).
- I understand the risks and possibility of contracting covid-19 or any other virus at an in-person gathering.
- I take personal responsibility for that risk to my own health and safety.
- I agree to protect others by following social distancing protocols.
- Advisory to Participants: It is strongly recommended that individuals considered by the CDC to be “at-risk” NOT attend. If these “at-risk” individuals choose to participate, it is recommended that they get clearance from their healthcare provider.