In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://runcorps.com.
|Holston River Beer Mile||
Time5:00PM EDT - 8:00PM EDT
Join us for the 2nd Annual Holston Beer Mile. This will be a chip timed beer mile. We will not serve alcohol and the event is strictly BYOB. We do recommend Holston River Brewing for your beverage needs. The beer mile is open to everyone (alcohol consumption is not required for participation). Root beer or Cola may be substituted for beer during the beer mile, but you will not be eligible for awards.
Beer Mile Rules: (See www.beermile.com for official rules)
Instead of laps around a track, the Holston Beer Mile will be held at the campground next to Holston River Brewing Company. The course will be 0.25 flat out and back on a finely graveled road. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps (out and back).
1.To start - drink a beer, then do a lap, then drink a beer, then do a lap, then drink a beer, then do a lap and finish.
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile.
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps.
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent). Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
- Pizza after the event at Holston River Brewing Company
- Top Male and Female Awards in Beer Mile
- No Drinking and Driving (You will be required to sign a waiver and indicate your Designated Driver for this event.)
- 21 or older to consume, 18 or older to participate (with Root Beer or Cola).
- Do to pre-registration costs, we are unable to provide refunds.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?