In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at http://beardedwomenracing.org/beatdown.
Join us and celebrate Cinco de Beardo with Bearded Women Racing, and taste what 12 hrs of a new trail is like! 4, 6 and 12-hour options with all-day food, beverages, and the best support crew in mountain bike racing provided!
$500 total cash payout to the top finishers in the 6 and 12 hr solo male, female, and SS events
Here are the details:
The race consists of 4, 6 and 12-hour options where you race as many laps as you can in the selected amount of time. One lap will be approximately 12 miles.
Race Schedule will begin with all categories starting at 9:00 AM. There will be a mass start and lead out before entering the course. The last lap must be completed by 1:00 pm for 4-hour category, 3:00 pm for 6-hour category and 9:00 pm for 12-hour category.
Registration will open at 7:30 AM on the day of the race. Registration will close 15 minutes prior to the start of the race and a race meeting will be held to cover any last-minute details at 8:45 AM.
Event Area layout will be provided by Bearded Women Racing no later than one week before the race. The course will be available to pre-ride at least 2 days before the race. The Bearded Beatdown would not be possible without our sponsors.
Weatherford Mountain Bike Club has granted us permission to host this event. Participants, spectators, and sponsors are asked to leave the area in better shape than they found it. Bearded Women Racing is a private club organization which works hard to maintain our relationship with the park. Please don’t spoil it for the rest of us!
Awards will be given out to the top 3 in the 4, 6 and 12- hour categories. Starting time for the ceremony is approximately 30 minutes after the end of each category race. Awards may include trophies, medals, cash, or swag. Standby for future announcements!
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be included in your registration while supplies last. 1 meal ticket for 4-hour, 2 meal tickets for 6-hour participants and 3 meal tickets for 12-hour participants. Meals will be available to spectators for a donation. Tickets will be issued to you at the registration check-in.
Category Combinations: Race promoters reserve the right to combine classes and have the final say on the results. Rider’s Meeting: 7:45 a.m. for racers must be present.
1. Timing: Each racer will be responsible for one timing chip. Timing chips will be affixed to your number plate. Please keep your number plate on the front of your race bicycle.
2. Transition: Must occur in the designated transition area once the rider passes over the timing mat.
3. Numbers: must display their number on the handlebars at all times.
4. Helmets: If you are on a bike, you are wearing a helmet. No exceptions.
5. Rider Support: Water/food may be supplied to participants anywhere, but exchanges must be made clear of the course and other riders.
6. Passing: When approaching slower riders be vocal: i.e. "coming up" or "rider up." Slower rider will let you know where to pass. In more open areas faster riders may yell "on your right" or "on your left" before passing. Be courteous. When vying for position, the lead rider does not have to give way. Lapped or slower riders should always yield to leaders. Racers riding their bicycles have the right of way over those off their bikes. Anyone pushing or carrying bikes must be on the least-rideable portion of the trail when being passed.
7. Shortcutting: You will be disqualified! Should a mechanical or other problem occur, you have two choices: 1. finish the lap with your bike, or 2. Leave the course and return to the place you left. You must inform a race official if you are using option 2.
8. Last lap: the Last lap must be completed by 12:00 pm for 4-hour, 2:00 pm for 6-hour and 8:00 PM for 12-hour. All racers must be off the course by 9:00 PM. If a rider is on the course when the time has expired, that lap will NOT count toward their final placement.
9. Laws: All Federal, State, and Local laws/ordinances must be obeyed by all particip8ants.
10. Protest Period and Awards: Once the final results are posted, you will have 15 minutes to protest. You must be on site to receive any swag and prizes for placing on the podium.
11. All racers will be required to sign a waiver on site the day of the race.
Bearded Women Racing reserves the right to make adjustments or change any of the above information at any time without notification. However, Bearded Women Racing strives to keep their participants up to date on all relevant information regarding our events.
OFFICIAL BEARDED WOMEN RACING RAINOUT POLICY - All of our racing events are created with the primary intent of raising revenue in support of our mission to promote the sport of cycling on dirt, camaraderie, competition, and good times. Each racing event requires substantial investment and hundreds of hours in volunteer commitment. For these reasons and the financial viability of our club, we cannot offer refunds or “event comps” due to acts of God. In the event of cancellation, BWR will attempt to offer a make-up race on an established “rain date”. However, if this option is not available, we SINCERELY thank you for your donation as our organization could not function without your support.
Disclaimer - This race WILL have a rain out date in 2019.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?