In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
The Rwanda Girls Initiative (RGI) was founded in 2009 by Shalisan "Shal" Foster and Suzanne "Soozi" Sinegal McGill, with the vision of providing an education to whom it is not easily accessible.
In May of 2017 I (Sophie Sharp) had the chance to visit Rwanda and it changed my life. I am a 9th grade student at the Overlake School and I’m organizing this fun run to raise money for Rwanda Girls Initiative
The mission of Rwanda Girls Initiative is to empower girls of Rwanda to reach their highest potential. Their vision is to create a world where all children, regardless of country of origin, will be socially, emotionally and intellectually prepared to succeed in school, life and in their community.
T-Shirts are available during online registration until 18th May. Limited T-shirts will be available on a first come first serve base on the day of the event.
Registration opens - 8:30am
5K start - 9:30am
This 5k fun run starts at Medina Park and it weaves up 92nd St, then turns around at Clyde Hill Elementary and follows the same route back to Medina Park.
Awards will be given to the top 3 places in all age divisions for Men and Women! These include:
<10 and under
11 - 14
15 - 19
20 - 29
30 - 39
40 - 49
50 - 59
60 - 69
That's over 54 medals to be given out! Don't miss the opportunity to place in your age group!
Early Packet Pick-up
May 17th at St. Thomas School from 4 pm– 6 pm
Registration is available the day of the event.
Same-day registration starts at 6:30 AM and ends at 7:30 AM.
A link will be posted on our website on the Results Page of Woodinville Running Company at www.woodinvillerunningcompany.com
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
What I’m Seeking
In addition to either making a Donation, and/or participating in the event, we are offering 3 ways to sponsor this year. The 1st is a key event sponsor where we plan to ensure most or all of these funds are donated to RGI to support their Gashora Girls Academy. The 2nd is an in-kind sponsorship where companies can donate goods and services required to put on the event, and the 3rd is a vendor or food booth option that allows a company to have a stall at the event to promote their company (new for this year).
Purpose and Where Your Money Will Go
In May of 2017 I had the chance to visit Rwanda and it changed my life. I met so many amazing people and I learned a lot of history about the Rwandan Genocide. 1 million people in Rwanda were killed in just 100 days in the genocide. The countries recovery has been amazing and, the general resilience, positivity and outlook of the Rwandan people after such an atrocious event has been remarkable. I could wave to anyone on the streets and they would smile and wave back. Rwanda is an amazing country and I believe that I can make a difference.
I am very passionate about girl’s education and you can raise a country out of poverty by educating girls. Rwanda Girls Initiative set up the Gashora Girls Academy which I visited while I was there. It is very hard in Rwanda for a girl to get an education because of all the barriers they face. Some of the barriers include early pregnancy, family care and housework, violence in school, long distances to school, lack of safe/clean girls-only toilets, poverty, and child/early/forced marriage. Two mothers from my school started this high school for girls that would eliminate those barriers. It is a boarding school that provides shelter, materials, and all a girl needs to be successful and they are kept safe throughout their high school experience. The girls at the school are incredibly motivated because they have been given this amazing opportunity to receive an education. Many are offered ivy league college placements in the US, UK and Europe, but rather than it being a brain drain for Rwanda, most of them plan to return to make their country better. This is an amazing cause and I believe that I can make a difference with your help. Let’s make dreams come true.
What you will get in return
In addition to empowering a girl to receive a higher education, thereby changing that girl’s life - why should you support this race?
1. Become a Key Event Sponsor (option closes Feb 28, 2019)
Your logo will be printed on the back of the race t-shirts that will be seen by the 300-500 race participants and many more spectators. We will also feature you as a sponsor in all marketing materials, PR pieces, race day MC will call out all the sponsors and your logo will appear on our registration website. Last year we received media coverage in 425 Magazine and the Points Living magazine, and we have been offered similar coverage this year. We will request that our sponsors be mentioned in all media articles. Please contact Sophie Sharp if you’re interested in becoming a Key Event Sponsor
· $2,000 PLATINUM LEVEL (extra-large logo featured on race t-shirt, featured in all marketing materials as a Platinum level sponsor)
· $1,000 GOLD LEVEL (large sized logo featured on race t-shirt, featured in all marketing materials as a GOLD level sponsor)
· $500 SILVER LEVEL (medium sized logo featured on race t-shirt, featured in all marketing materials as a SILVER level sponsor)
2. In Kind Sponsor (option closed Feb. 28, 2019)
· Donate products Your logo will be printed on the back of the race t-shirts as an in kind sponsor that will be seen by the 300-500 race participants and many more spectators. We will also feature you as an in kind sponsor in all marketing materials and PR pieces, the race day MC will call out all the sponsors and your logo will appear on our registration website. Last year we received media coverage in 425 Magazine and the Points Living magazine, and we have been offered similar coverage this year. We will request that our sponsors be mentioned in all media articles. Please contact Sophie Sharp if you’re interested in becoming an In-Kind Sponsor.
3. Vendor / Food Booth Option
· New for this year, we are accepting requests for vendors / exhibitors to set up a vendor or food booth on the day of the event to promote their company – Vendor Booth (10x10) $75 / Food Vendor $150. If you would like to make to payment on-line please go to the Donate button and enter your payment.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.