In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Tom and Nate Mauger are hosting a WVMTR Fun Run at Valley Falls State Park in August. The run is a moderately difficult 7.9 mile figure 8 loop with a single aid station in the middle. This course is at beautiful Valley Falls State Park just east of Fairmont, WV. Two Loops will be 25 K and a full four loops for the 50K. This race is free, but the tradition is to bring your own food to contribute to the aid station or to eat yourself give the COVID situation.
Joining WVMTR is not necessary to participate in this event, but we encourage you to support our events by becoming members. Yearly membership is only $10 and allows us to offer these wonderful free club events. Become a member today on our membership page.
There is no camping at Valley Falls State Park but there is at nearby Tygart Lake State Park.
WAIT LIST: The current cap on this race is 25 participants in accordance with the Governor's rules on groups. If this is relaxed we will raise the cap. If you wish to be put on a waitlist please send a message to the race director.
Hygiene Safety Measures for Wild Turkey Fat Ass 50k/25k:
1. Runners will not be allowed to start the race if showing any outward signs of illness. Please do not show up if you’re sick, or if you may have been exposed to any person with symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
2. Runners are required to bring and wear a mask during check-in, and at all times in the start/finish area. Runners are required to carry a mask with them during the race. Runners are encouraged to wear a mask at aid stations.
3. Volunteers will wear masks throughout the race.
4. Both the 50k and 25k races will start at 8AM.
5. Runners are required to maintain at least 6 feet of separation in the start/finish area, at aid stations, and on the trails. If you’re breathing heavily, then maintain 10 feet separation. When passing another runner, the approaching runner should say “passing” and pass after the forward runner steps off the trail. On out-and-back portions of the course, passing runners should both step off the trail as they go by each other.
6. Individual servings of snacks in disposable containers, and sealed disposable water bottles will be available at aid stations. Individual servings of sports drink powder will be available for runners to add to their water if desired. Runners should put trash in trash cans before leaving the aid station; do not leave it on the ground.
7. Runners are encouraged to carry more food than normal between aid stations to help minimize time spent at the aid stations.
8. Runners are discouraged from lingering for an extended time around the finish line or picnic shelters to talk after the race.
9. Runners must sign an additional waiver (below) and bring it to packet pickup in order to participate. We will also have copies on hand for race day for signature. If you do not agree to any of these additional rules, do not attend.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.