In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
January's freezing temperatures and snowfall are no match for the Trail Blazers and Pioneers of Appalachia. It is the essence of this mountaineer spirit which brought life to The Annual Race through Fallen Timbers at Elmcrest Farm in Wayne, West Virginia.
Prepare to trek along creek beds, cruise over ridge tops, blaze down single track hillsides and hurdle over fallen timbers. Whether it's your 1st or 50th trail event, this course through the backwoods and foothills of Wayne County is sure to enthuse even the most seasoned trail runner.
We invite you to Live Wild and Wonder at the second annual event on Saturday, January 27th at 9am. This trail race is open to all ages and levels of experience. This 15K (timed) race and interpretive hike is a challenge awaiting anyone who dares.
Pre- event registration can be found at runsignup.com. Day of event registration will take place on site from 8:00-8:45am on the 27th.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Race Starts at 9AM – Registration Opens at 8AM
• Drive Time from 5th St. Exit in Huntington is Approximately 20 minutes.
• From I-64, exit 8 - 5th street Hill, Huntington, WV
• Take Rt. 152 South toward Wayne.
• Follow 152 South for around 11miles
• After approximately 11 miles you will see a BIG RED BARN on the right side.
• Less than a 1/2-mile from the red barn is a horse ring on the right. - This is the start of the race, but parking is just up ahead.
• Less than a 1/4-mile from the horse ring is Harmony Freewill Baptist Church on the left hand side of 152 for travelers coming from Huntington.
• Please park here and a shuttle will bus you across the road to the start of the race and onsite registration.
• *DO NOT TRAVEL OUT GARRETS CREEK ROAD*
• IF YOU COME TO SAVE A LOT GROCERY STORE YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR - TURN AROUND!
• Remember to arrive early, as the race will start promptly at 9AM. Registration will start at 8AM.
• If you have any questions or would like us to text you a 'dropped pin' for iPhone users,
please call/text the race directors:
Lacy Davidson- 304.633.0675 or Park Ferguson- 304.654.4245