The streets and trails of downtown Colorado Springs are not exactly the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" but on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 5) more than 1,000 runners will race for paydirt there in the 6th Annual Super Half Marathon™ and Game Day 5K™. The Woodland Park High School's band, ensemble and cheerleaders will also be there to ramp up the festivities.
- Long-sleeve tech shirts for all.
- Finishers medal/bottle openers for first 650 half marathon finishers.
- Nerf footballs for the kids!
- Team Competition!
- Post-Race celebration at Jack Quinn's
This event is a fundraiser for the Pikes Peak Road Runners and PikesPeakSports.us, organizations that work to promote running, racing and healthful living in Colorado Springs.
Pick your race, burn some calories, celebrate your accomplishment with your friends, then head home and catch the big game!
For an extra $5, participants (half marathon and 5K) will receive a long-sleeved tech shirt. Both men's and women's sizing is available. Ladies sizes run a little small.
Race medal/bottle opener for the first 650 half marathon finishers (will come in handy during the Super Bowl.)
Nerf footballs for all the kids!
The first 650 runners to finish the Super Half Marathon will receive this handsome medal. It also doubles as a bottle opener, which comes in handy when watching the big game.
Colorado Springs, CO US 80903
Game Day 5K™ Course
This is an out-and-back course. The start line is on Colorado Ave, west of Tejon St. Runners head west, past the Antlers parking garage, then north behind Antlers to the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail. Turnaround is north of Uintah and the finish is just south of the Bijou Street bridge, along the trail. The course is very slight incline on the way out and a very slight decline on the way back.
Super Half Marathon™ Course
This is an out-and-back course. The course begins on Colorado Ave in downtown Colorado Springs, west of Tejon St. Runners will head west, past the Antler's Hotel garage. At Antler's Park, they will turn right and head north onto the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail. They will go north, with the turnaround just south of where the trail proceeds under I-25 (mile 6.8). The course is mostly downhill back to the finish, 6.3 miles to just south of the Bijou Street bridge along the trail.
- On race day, runners park for free on downtown city streets. Other parking options are the city parking garages, which charge $1 for Sunday parking. Those garages are located at Nevada & Kiowa, Nevada & Colorado and Cascade & Bijou.
- Race Day registration is located at Plaza of The Rockies, 121 S Tejon. The start line is just around the corner along Colorado Ave.
- Sweat check is also located at Plaza of The Rockies.
- The course follows the Jack Quinn's Running Club route to the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail.
- Runners complete an out-and-back course finishing just south of the Bijou St. Bridge.
- Sweat check pickup is located at the finish line.
Join us at Jack Quinn's (21 S. Tejon) for awards and food and drink specials after your race! Also, sweat check pickup and light refreshments at the finish line.
Early packet pick-up and registration: 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Feb 4th, Plaza of the Rockies.
Race-day packet pick-up: 8:30 a.m., Feb. 5, Plaza of the Rockies.
Race-day registration: 9 a.m., Feb. 5, Plaza of the Rockies.
Super Half Marathon™ start: 10 a.m.
Game Day 5K™ start: 10:15 a.m.
Course Closes: 1:00 p.m.
The actual Super Bowl kickoff is 4:30 p.m., so you'll have plenty of time to run and celebrate with us at Jack Quinn's pub.
The finish line will close at 1:00 PM.
There are several parking options for the race.
- Park on downtown streets for free, since it's a Sunday.
- Park in a city parking garage for $1. The locations of the city parking garages are Nevada & Kiowa, Nevada & Colorado, and Cascade & Bijou. It does take a few extra minutes to pay for the parking garage, especially if everybody is trying to enter the garage at the same time, thus please allow extra time if using this option.
Applies to both male and female
Overall - Top 3
Master (40+) - Top 1
Age Groups - Top 3
Age Groups -- Super Half: 1-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Age Groups -- 5K: 1-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Teams - Top 1 (male, female, coed)
The race is chip timed. All scoring is based on chip time, except the top 3 overall (male and female) are scored by gun time. The master and age-group awards are based on chip time.
No duplicate awards. That is, overall award winners are not eligible for master nor age group awards. Master award winners are not eligible for age group awards. Team members are eligible for individual awards.
The Super Half Marathon™ can be used as a Pikes Peak Ascent Qualifier. Regisration for the Pikes Peak Ascent typically opens in March, thus the Super Half is a local race last-chance qualifier for the Pikes Peak Ascent. How cool is that. Qualify for the Pikes Peak Ascent on Super Bowl Sunday, and you don't even have to leave town.
Teams are available in both the Super Half Marathon™ and Game Day 5K™. Teams can be all-male, all-female, or coed. Scoring is based on the cumulative time of the 3 team members that score for their team.
Male/Female Team Requirements
Each team must have 3 members. No more than 7.
Top 3 runner times are used for scoring
Coed Team Requirements
Each team must have 3 members. No more than 7.
The first male and female are used for scoring, and the fastest of the 2nd male/female rounds out the third scoring team member.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.pprrun.org/events/SuperHalf.