RunSignUp helps you leverage modern technology to promote your race to potential participants. Some ways to do this:
Email Marketing: Reach to registered runners, contact participants from previous years, or upload any email list of past or potential runners. The email system will keep up with your registrations, allowing you to schedule emails ahead of time and ensure that they are delivered to all registrants at the time of send. Our email marketing is integrated into your Race Dashboard. Check out a How To for the email marketing system, or see a video for instructions on exporting your contacts from our old iContact system to use in the new Email Marketing platform.
Read about how 3W Races uses Email Marketing to drive their Race Management company.
Social Media: Social Media encourages your runners to promote your race for you - 11% of RunSignUp registrations originate from Facebook. RunSignUp's integrations with Facebook let runners share their registration with friends, link information about your race, and add a SignUp button directly to your Facebook Page. Want to make sure you're getting the most out of your opportunities with Social Media? Understand some of the differences between Facebook Pages and Events, and then check out some way to use Facebook Offers or Facebook Ads to market your race, view some Facebook App results, or choose to target Mobile Users or Custom Audiences. Need more advise? Go back to the basics of Facebook for Races, and read some lessons about advertising on Facebook.
Beyond Facebook, track your Twitter Ad conversions for ROI evaluation.
- Teams: Take further advantage of the social nature of running by allowing runners to set up teams and invite their friends to come run with them. Intimidated by setting up teams? We’ve explained it in detail, and broken it down in videos to make sure you can get the most out of Teams.
- Coupons: RunSignUp's flexible coupon system allows Race Directors to create their own custom coupons, set coupons to work for specific events, or upload coupon codes in bulk (like those from Groupon or LivingSocial). We’ll also give you the Coupon Management tools to measure ROI on your coupons, and manage large numbers of coupons. To get the most out of coupons for your race, explore our Coupon Manual.
- Google Analytics Data: It is hard to know where to focus your marketing efforts. To help you understand your audience, we are integrated with Google Analytics to provide you with information about your traffic sources for page views and purchases directly on your Race Dashboard. Learn more about the integration, what your data sources mean, and understanding your e-commerce data.
- Digital Badges: Encourage social sharing of you race while providing an additional reward to your runners with our Tech Partner Basno. Use a free Basic Basno account to create a Badge for your race and upload a list of participants who should receive the badge. For expanded offerings and automatic Badge emailing, read more about our Basno integration here, or get started creating your Badge here.
- Referral Codes: Make a game of registration by assigning all participants a referral code (automatically), and encouraging them to get their friends. Learn about the referral code searching capabilities, and see how The Great Pumpkin Run uses referrals to drive group registration.
Get advice on Race Promotion from other RunSignUp Race Directors: Watch Kelly Stewart of the NC Troopers Footchase 5K on Growing a Small Race, or Cornelia Stumpf of the Critz Tybee RunFest on Marketing like a Marketer.
Our race results system is free, with easy uploading and full compatibility with Race Director, RunScore, and similar formats. We give you a clean look, searchable results, and results notifications for your runners.MORE
RunSignUp has technology solutions to allow large races to operate smoothly. We have site scalability to handle 50,000 registrations in 7 minutes, and services to manage participant transfers, refunds, and waitlists.MORE