In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
PEDALING FOR PAIGE HAS GONE VIRTUAL IN 2020!
Join us for the 2020 PEDALING FOR PAIGE SPINNING EVENT
Saturday, August 15th through Thursday, August 20th
Virtual races happen all the time, and allow you to join the fun without the crowds. You simply run the distance on your own, and report your results - we’ll send you instructions.
An indoor spinning event now in its 5th year, Pedaling 4 Paige is a great way to have fun while raising funds to fight pediatric cancer!
Due to COVID-19 and the chance of causing harm to the public health by bringing so many people together, for the FIRST TIME EVER, Pedaling 4 Paige is going VIRTUAL from August 15th through August 20th. Register online to spin or ride your bicycle for 1 hour and help raise critical dollars necessary to fund pediatric cancer research and patient programs at Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital.
In addition virtual Pedaling 4 Paige, we also hope to still hold an event at a later date at Elevate Fitness in Dewitt with spinning bikes placed to allow for social distancing.
Post pictures or videos on social media, tag Paige's Butterfly Run and use the hashtag #Pedaling4Paige2020.
A virtual ceremony will be held on August 22nd. Stay tuned for more details!
In 1993, Paige Yeomans Arnold was a seemingly healthy 6 year old first grader at Palmer Elementary School in Baldwinsville NY, when she was diagnosed with leukemia. Paige was then treated at what is now the Dr. William J. Waters Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital in Syracuse NY. Paige ultimately underwent a bone marrow transplant in an effort to cure her leukemia at Boston Children’s Hospital in 1994. Sadly, complications from the transplant led to her death in August of that year.
In the Spring of 1997, Paige’s parents were approached by a group of teachers at Palmer Elementary that wished to honor Paige in what would have been her last year at the school. In short order, it was decided that a walk\run event would be organized. All proceeds were slated to benefit a college scholarship fund and the Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders in Paige’s memory. The butterfly was selected as a symbol of the event not only because she was so fond of them, but because they typified her: beautiful and gentle, but strong beyond imagining.
After hosting the event from 1997-2007 at Palmer Elementary, Paige’s Butterfly Run came to downtown Syracuse in 2008 with the Taste of Syracuse Festival.
Since its inception in 1997, Paige’s Butterfly Run has raised over $3,000,000 to support cancer research and patient programs at the William J. Waters Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital.
Thank you to our generous sponsors! Click here to view our Pedaling 4 Paige sponsors for 2020.
We strive to make our annual Pedaling 4 Paige event more successful each year so we can help more children. Support from community organization’s is essential in helping make this happen. Sponsorship opportunities for Pedaling 4 Paige are still available. If you’re interested in being a corporate sponsor or making an in-kind contribution, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional spinning event information can be found at http://pbrun.org/events/p4p/.
If you have any questions about this spinning event, click the button below.Questions?
***For those who registered prior to June 1st 2020***
- All entries for 2020 Pedaling 4 Paige have been imported into RunSignUp. Please use the directions below to claim your entry so that you have full access to the Virtual Run and for your fundraising pages.
- If you do not already have an account with RunSignUp, please create one using the e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to.
- To create a RunSignUp account, use this link: https://runsignup.com/CreateAccount and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After you create an account, make sure you log-in to RunSignUp and visit the Pedaling 4 Paige page: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Syracuse/Pedaling4Paige
- Use the “Find A Participant” link on the left frame main menu and then search for your name in the list of entrants.
- When your name appears, click on the words “Is this you?” and a pop-up window will appear asking you if you want to claim it. When you click the “Claim” button, RunSignUp will send you an e-mail with instructions to link this entry into your RunSignUp Profile. This e-mail will be sent to the address you used when registering for Paige’s Butterfly Run.
- In the “Claim” process, you may need to use the “Merge Accounts” option to merge this Pedaling 4 Paige’s entry into your profile.
- To view your entry in your RunSignUp profile, click on the icon logo in the upper right portion of the screen and you will see a “Profile” link. In your profile, you will now be able to see your entry for the 2020 Pedaling 4 Paige, as well as a link to administer your individual fundraising page. Fundraising Team captains will also have the link to administer their team pages.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.