In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://runawesomesauce.com/a/races/sweet-southern-discomfort/.
THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Georgia: It's on your mind. It's on ours too. We kick off Southern Discomfort in Georgia, the Peach State, where every soda is a Coke and where we've been Gone with the Wind and we've driven Miss Daisy. The only driving you'll be doing, though, is to the start of this adventure.
So soak up our Southern hospitality with unlimited food and drink, everything from Gu and gummy bears to potato chips and brownies, along with Southern classics like pimento cheese sandwiches and banana pudding. Join the fun as you take on any distance from 5K to marathon and run away from those banjos you hear. Our ten hour time limit lets you go slow, the Southern way, and our unique multi-lap course means you'll always be with all of your friends, who will become family, because that's just how we do things here in the South.
Join us for one, two, or all three days, mix and match your distances or take on the ultimate challenge of three marathons in three days in three states. Discounts available for 3-day runners.
The important info:
- The course is a paved park path adjacent to the Black-and-Yellow Playground. The course is basically flat and is a 1.31 mile out-and-back (2.62 mile roundtrip), so you'll never be far from food and drink and you'll always be around other runners. A shorter out-and-back section will be marked for runners completing 5K, 10K, or 33.33 to get you to the correct distance.
- Atlanta is your best bet for an airport to fly into.
- Register for one day of the series, receive a hat. Two days, receive a hat and a mason jar (this is the South!) Three days, receive a hat, a mason jar, and a dry bag (perfect for all of those sweaty running clothes!)
- You'll also receive your choice of a plastic cup or water bottle to use at our waterin' hole. It keeps the trash down, and helps you figure out which drink is yours.
- Because everyone has preferences on clothing, we've priced these races low so you can add on things like tank tops, tech shirts, and other fun stuff.
- All distances receive a unique medal. How else will people know you went for a run?
- Strollers are permitted. Pets are not. Have you ever seen a dog attack a bowl of banana pudding? We have. It's not cute.
- Ten hour time limit means walkers, run-walkers, runners, skippers, and crawlers are welcome. We're more concerned about you crossing the finish line, not the amount of time it takes you to get there. Unlike others, we keep all the food and drink out until those 10 hours are up, or the last person finishes.
- Packet pickup one hour prior to race start.
- Run 33.33 all three days, then run the extra .01 in Alabama, and earn yourself a buckle for covering 100 miles!
- Virtual runners will be mailed all of their swag the week after the race series.
Mixing and matching distances over the weekend? Register for the other two days in this series at
Tennessee - https://runsignup.com/sweetsoutherndiscomforttn
Alabama - https://runsignup.com/sweetsoutherndiscomfortal
DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE IF:
- You are super competitive. This series is about camaraderie, not qualifying for Boston. (Our races are USATF sanctioned but NOT Boston qualifiers.)
- You are allergic to smiling, being friendly, telling anyone else things like, "Good job," or "Keep it up!" when you cross paths with them on the course. Or you have no sense of humor. Or you're just super serious.
- You are super precise on what your GPS measures vs. what the course measures. We measure all of our courses with a wheel on the ground. Your GPS may measure over or under, depending on all kinds of factors. You're welcome to run longer if your GPS says you're short; we won't charge you any extra.
- You are expecting hundreds of volunteers to be holding their arms out to hand you drinks. If you are worried about losing a couple of seconds to stop and drink, this isn't the race for you.
- You cannot handle running in loops or multiple out-and-backs. We use courses like this to keep everyone together (so there is always someone to run with or wave at, and the slower people can run with the faster people), to only require one aid station (where we can cut down on trash, volunteers, and where we can keep an eye on you as the race goes on), to allow for drop bags and shedding of clothing as you warm up, to allow spectators to not have to worry about working through road blocks.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.