In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Additional race information can be found at https://runawesomesauce.com/a/races/sweet-southern-discomfort/.
The grand finale of our three day adventure (or both the start and finish of your one day adventure, if you aren't brave enough for three) is in Sweet Home Alabama, where the skies are so blue! We'll be celebrating Memorial Day in style on the banks of Lake Guntersville, so wear your red, white, and blue and come ready for a barbeque! We'll have post-race hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches, tons of watermelon, and banana pudding...or you can eat all that stuff during the race if you want.
It's the final day to soak up our Southern hospitality with unlimited food and drink, everything from Gu and gummy bears to potato chips and brownies, and of course we'll have tons of watermelon...you've never seen an aid station like ours! Join the fun as you take on any distance from 5K to marathon and run away from those banjos you hear. No time limit on the last day, so you can go as slow as molasses if you'd like. Our unique multi-lap course means you'll always be with all of your friends, who will become family, because that's just how we do things here in the South.
Join us for one, two, or all three days, mix and match your distances or take on the ultimate challenge of three marathons in three days in three states.
The important info:
- Course will be multiple out-and-backs on a paved park path on Lake Guntersville, about a 90 minute drive from the Tennessee location. If you're flying, it's about a 3 hour drive to Atlanta, about 90 minutes to Birmingham.
- Register for one day of the series, receive a hat. Two days, receive a hat and a mason jar. Three days, receive a hat, a mason jar, and a dry bag (perfect for all of those sweaty running clothes!)
- You'll also receive your choice of a plastic cup or water bottle to use at our waterin' hole. It keeps the trash down, and helps you figure out which drink is yours.
- Because everyone has preferences on clothing, we've priced these races low so you can add on things like tank tops, tech shirts, and other fun stuff.
- All distances receive a medal. How else will people know you went for a run? Run all three days and get a fourth medal!
- Strollers are permitted. Pets are not. Have you ever seen a dog attack a bowl of banana pudding? We have. It's not cute.
- No time limit for this day, which means walkers, run-walkers, runners, skippers, and crawlers are welcome. We're more concerned about you crossing the finish line, not the amount of time it takes you to get there. Our party doesn't stop until the last person does.
- Packet pickup one hour prior to race start.
- Virtual runners will be mailed all of their swag the week after the race series.
Mixing and matching distances over the weekend? Register for the other two days in this series at
Georgia - https://runsignup.com/sweetsoutherndiscomfortga
Tennessee - https://runsignup.com/sweetsoutherndiscomforttn
DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS RACE IF:
- You are super competitive. This series is about camaraderie, not qualifying for Boston. (Our races are USATF sanctioned but NOT Boston qualifiers.)
- You are allergic to smiling, being friendly, telling anyone else things like, "Good job," or "Keep it up!" when you cross paths with them on the course. Or you have no sense of humor. Or you're just super serious.
- You are super precise on what your GPS measures vs. what the course measures. We measure all of our courses with a wheel on the ground. Your GPS may measure over or under, depending on all kinds of factors. You're welcome to run longer if your GPS says you're short; we won't charge you any extra.
- You are expecting hundreds of volunteers to be holding their arms out to hand you drinks. If you are worried about losing a couple of seconds to stop and drink, this isn't the race for you.
- You cannot handle running in loops or multiple out-and-backs. We use courses like this to keep everyone together (so there is always someone to run with or wave at, and the slower people can run with the faster people), to only require one aid station (where we can cut down on trash, volunteers, and where we can keep an eye on you as the race goes on), to allow for drop bags and shedding of clothing as you warm up, to allow spectators to not have to worry about working through road blocks. It is NOT a typical run around the town kind of deal.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.