In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Welcome to the Red River Road Runners membership page. We welcome and appreciate your support of the club through membership and participation.
Summer Funs Runs were held starting Thursday, June 7th at Stoner Boat Launch. YOUth Fit started June 5th. The series wrapped up on August 2nd with more than 500 runners and walkers having attended one or more races!
The Black Eyed Pea Predictor Run was held on Monday, January 1st at 10:30 a.m.at the Stoner Boat Launch. The closest predictors of their times were: Stephen Robicheaux (5 seconds), JT Perot & David Lohrey (10 seconds) and Steve Mikovich (19 seconds). These runners received $50, $25 and $20. Thanks to everyone...runner, walkers and volunteers for a great kick-off to 2018!
Winter Series runs was held from the last time in 2018. Thank you for your support through the last 18 series. Results are on the Red River Road Runner Facebook page in the files section
If you are a new member please scroll down to read the Benefits of Membership to see what is coming next!
Your membership begins January 1, 2018 and extends to December 31, 2018
Your membership begins January 1, 2018 and extends to December 31, 2018. All members must reside at the same address.
If you have any questions about this club, click the button below.Questions?
Thank you for your support of the Red River Road Runners. We value your membership and participation in our local affiliate of the Road Runners Club of America. We are part of a national association of running clubs dedicated to promoting running as a competitive sport and as healthy exercise.
The benefits of local membership include access to a number of low-cost, family-friendly club runs and activities some of which are discounted even further for our members. Please join in the fun!
Here is our typical year:
* Black Eyed Pea Prediction Run is held January 1st at 10:30 a.m. at the Stoner Boat Launch. Free to RRRR members or $5 to non-members. Those who sign up for membership online before December 31st at 8 a.m. or in person race morning will be eligible to run for free. The registration/prediction from (see the Red River Road Runner Facebook page) can be filled out ahead but must be brought to the race...do not mail it in! The race distance is "to be announced". There are prizes for those closest to their predicted time. 2018: The closest predictors of their times were: Stephen Robicheaux (5 seconds), JT Perot & David Lohrey (10 seconds) and Steve Mikovich (19 seconds). These runners received $50, $25 and $20. 2017: The top 3 predictors on January 1st were: Brooke Mason, Thelma Pepper and Bob LIndsay.
Everyone gets a bag of black-eyed peas and enjoys homemade black-eyed peas, rice and cornbread!
* Winter Series (4 runs held Saturdays at 8:30 a.m. in January and February) have been held for 18 years. 2018 was our final series. Thank you for your support!
* "Learn to Run!" Beginner and Advanced Classes are held in the spring and fall at a nominal cost to members. Dates and times will be announced in an email to members and on Facebook. Facebook Page
*YOUth FIT is the perfect summer program for any child, 7-17 years old, who has the desire to learn the fundamentals of endurance running, challenge themselves through exercise, learn about health and well-being, practice goal-setting, make new friends, prepare for track or cross country season, or simply get involved in a healthy lifestyle sport. Tuesdays are YOUth FIT training days at Betty Virginia Park. Thursdays YOUth FIT participants in the summer fun runs ranging from 1 mile-5K (3.1. miles) for the kids.
*Summer Fun Run Series of 8 Thursday night runs beginning June 7, 2018 and ending August 2, 2017. These runs are held at various parks starting at 6:45 p.m. Walkers and runners are welcome. Complete 5 of the 8 runs for a t-shirt. Complete all 8 for a special award.
* Canada Day Run where we accept donations for our annual high school senior scholarship award. Also enjoy birthday cake and prizes! Time and Date TBD.
* Our signature event-the Riverside V which features 5 Mile and 5K runs. Cash prizes and age group prizes. This is a favorite event for many local and area runners. Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 17, 2018! Results can be found at nolimitstiming.com The default is the 5 Mile results, use drop down menu for 5K. Thanks to everyone for coming out as participants and volunteers to be part of our event.
2017 Winners: 5 Miles #1 Female: Alexandra Ellis, #2 Female Kristy Hall #1 Male William Songock #2 Male Austin Mikovich
5K #1 Female Allison Mayfield, #2 Female Stephanie Dallenbach #1 Male Patrick Liles #2 Male Mark Davis
2016 Winners: 5 Miles #1 Female: Shelley Armstrong, #2 Female Sarah Deller #1 Male: Nathan Hall, #2 Male Tomas Moreno 5K #1 Female: Jonette Anderson, #2 Female: Laila Wells #1 Male: Seth Hall, #2 Male: Ethan Wilke
* Additional benefits:
o 15% discounts on regularly priced items at Sportspectrum.
o An engraved membership plaque and free mileage/race data plates every year you are a member. Inquire for details.
* Periodic emails and newsletters about upcoming events. Join us on Facebook. We post news, updates and applications on the following link. Facebook Page
Some groups that will help you keep your running consistent and on track:
The 'Un' Run is an 'un'organized, 'un'timed run with a social afterwards. It is open to anyone and any distance. It is normally at 6 pm with social at 7 pm. The date, time and location is posted on the Red River Road Runner Facebook page.
The GYRO (Get Your Run/Ride On!) - has a group run on Sunday mornings and has runs and bike rides on other days as well. The GYRO main goal is having fun while training for half and full marathons. Times and locations are posted on the Red River Road Runner Facebook page and other pages. It is open to anyone.
Saturday Morning Runners-This group meets at 6 a.m. on Saturday mornings usually at the Line Avenue Starbucks. Distances generally start at 5 miles but you can run/walk less mileage or more.
Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) is a veteran support organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of wounded veterans and their families. Ultimately, we aim to transform the way wounded veterans are reintegrated into society when they return from combat. Civilian members are welcome. See their FB page
Get On a Trail Shreveport (GOATS): This is a group for the outdoor enthusiast who loves to run. Ultra-runners, weekend trail whackers, road runners who want a change. All are welcome...no runners left behind. See their FB page
Monday runs from Rotolo's Pizzeria. Contact Matt McVicar at Sportspectum for more information.
USA Fit Shreveport-Thought about training for a half marathon or marathon? Go to usafitshreveport.com for information about the upcoming training season starting in September.
Please email if you have any questions. Hope to see you soon!
Shelley Ryan Gray
Vice President & Membership Director
Red River Road Runners