What is the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge?
- The Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge supports our Tillman Scholars program. The challenge lasts 40 days, during which we challenge you to complete a total of 42 miles in that duration of time. To track your time and results with your fellow runners please join the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge on Strava.
When does the challenge begin and end?
- The challenge begins Oct. 3, 2020 and ends on Veteran’s Day, Nov. 11, 2020.
How do I submit/manage my virtual results/miles?
What are the qualifying activities when I use Strava to record my mileage?
- Hike, Run, Virtual Run, Walk and Wheelchair all qualify as activities to record your mileage in Strava.
How can I record and upload my time to the Pat's Run 42 in 40 Challenge in Strava?
When will I receive my official Pat Tillman Foundation shirt after I register for the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge?
- We will be shipping shirts in waves throughout the month of October. While we will make every effort to ensure all shirts ship for registrants by Veteran's Day, there is a possibility it may not arrive before the challenge completes
How come all my activities in Strava won't log in the Pat Tillman Foundation Club?
- The Pat Tillman Foundation Strava club is a running club, therefore only running activities will be logged in the club.
Is the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge replacing Pat’s Run in April?
- No. The Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge is a new, additional event. Pat’s Run will still take place in April, as it has for the past 16 years.
What is the difference between the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge on Strava and this one?
- We encourage you to participate in the challenge on Strava for free to easily track your mileage and become a member in the Pat Tillman Foundation Club. Strava Club members will receive exclusive access to news and other perks, but will not receive the official Pat Tillman Foundation shirt. The only way to get a shirt is to register here at RunSignUp.
Can children participate in the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge?
- Yes. All ages can participate in the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge but we only have adult, unisex shirt sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL). All minors who participate will need to have the waiver initialled by their legal guardian.
What is the location of the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge?
- This is a virtual challenge, so you can run or walk your miles anywhere!
Does the race offer employee engagement opportunities?
- Yes! We can provide purpose-driven experiences during a time of social distancing by using the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge as a catalyst for civic engagement by connecting runners, businesses and the nonprofit community through our corporate team program! Contact us to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a referral reward?
- A referral reward is an additional incentive item that you can receive if you refer five friends to register for the challenge using the links provided to you in your confirmation email.
What is the referral reward?
- The referral reward for the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge is a Pat Tillman Foundation 42 40 hat.
How many referrals do I need to get to get the reward?
- You need to successfully refer five additional individuals to register for the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge using your unique URL to receive the reward.
How do I get the referral reward?
- Once you have registered, you will receive a unique URL in your confirmation email. Share that URL with friends, family and on social media. Anybody that uses that link to register will automatically be tracked and you will be given credit for that registration.
When will I receive my reward?
- After the conclusion of the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge on November 11, we will begin to send out all rewards to participants who successfully registered an additional 5 participants.
Will my referrals automatically be tracked and reward shipped to me?
- Yes. We will track all referrals based on your unique URL so you must use that unique URL to refer people. Once five participants have used your unique URL to register, you will be added to our list to receive a reward. At the conclusion of the challenge on Veterans Day, we will ship all rewards to participants that have successfully referred an additional 5 participants.
How will referrals be tracked?
- All referrals will be tracked using your unique URL that is in your confirmation email. Each URL is unique and is only associated with you. All referrals need to register using your unique URL so that you can get credit for the referral. To view your current referrals or access your referral link, log into RunSignup.com and click this link: https://runsignup.com/Profile/ReferralCodes
What happens if I get more than five referrals?
- We appreciate the ambition and support! At this time we only have a reward for participants once you reach five referrals. All registrations go towards supporting our mission and the work of our Tillman Scholars.
When will I receive my fundraising reward?
- After the conclusion of the Pat’s Run 42 in 40 Challenge on November 11, we will begin to send out all rewards to participants who successfully fundraised $150.00 or more.
Will I receive a Finisher Medal?
- You will not receive a finisher medal for completing the Pat's Run 42 in 40 Challenge.