The Bermuda Bicycle Association
Butterfield Bermuda Grand Prix 2017.
Three-day stage race. Download and read Race Guide for full details.
Adults: $70 (Juniors Riding in Adult Categories pay Adult Entry Fee)
Juniors $35 (age adjusted pricing will be applied at registration)
Fee displayed at registration includes $15 event license which will be deducted for BBA members
Entry fee includes lunch for rider. Additional lunch tickets may be purchased at registration for $20 each.
**Registration Fee includes a $15 Overseas Event Membership Fee. BBA Members will Automatically have this removed at Checkout. **
**Information is provided for Guidance only - refer to office race guide for full details**
Stage 1 Details
Stage 1 – St George’s Time Trial/Hill Climb Friday, April 21st, 2017
6:00PM First rider starts.
Riders will generally start at in the following order:
- Junior 12 & Under
- Junior 13-16
- Male B
- Male A
Individual start times will be emailed to riders (to email address provided at registration), will be posted on the BBA's Facebook page and also posted at Winners Edge and Bicycle Works bike shops no later than 2:00PM the day before the race.
Start times will be approximate. Riders should therefore remain in the area of the start until called to the line.
Riders not present for their allotted start time will be started as soon as practicable (as judged by the Event Director or the Chief Referee) after they arrive at the start but may incur a 10 second penalty if they are judged to have obtained an advantage through their late arrival.
All riders are encouraged to arrive at the start in advance of the 6:00PM start of the event if they wish to view the course as warm up on the course will not be permitted once the race has started.
All categories ride the same approximately 0.6KM course.
Riders may request a restart following a genuine mechanical mishap, or if subjected to impedance or interference by a vehicle or spectators on the course.
Registration and timing chip issuance will be in St George’s town square – please check your estimated start time and plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early.
Stage 2 Details
Stage 2 – Southside Road Race Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
- 7:00 AM Registration opens – sign in
- 7:25 AM Junior 12 & Under race start - Junior Loop
- 7:45 AM Male A race start – long loop
- 7:50 AM Male B race start – long loop
- 7:53 AM Junior 13-16 and Female races start – short loop
- 10:00 AM Races completed
Race distance – distances shown are approximate. Final race course is subject to availability and safety and subject to change without notice.
- Male A - 5 Laps - 54km
- Male B - 4 Laps - 51.2km
- Women - 4 Laps - 35.0km
- Male Junior 13-16 - 4 Laps - 35.0km
- Female Junior 13-16 - 3 Laps - 26.4km
- Male Junior 12 & Under - 2 Laps - 7.25km
- Female Junior 12 & Under - 2 Laps - 7.25km
Clearwater Car Park, Southside, St David’s
Stage 3 Details
Stage 3 - Hamilton Criterium Sunday April 23rd, 2017
- 8:00 AM - Sign in (up to 20 minutes before each race)
- 9:00 AM - Start of Junior 12 & under races
- 9:25 AM - Start of Junior 13-16 races and Female races
- 10:05 AM - Start of Male B race
- 10:55 AM - Start of Male A race
Race Distances & Times
- Male A - 60 mins + 1 lap
- Male B - 40 mins + 1 lap
- Female - 30 mins + 1 lap
- Male Junior 13-16 - 30 mins + 1 lap
- Female Junior 13-16 - 20 mins + 1 lap
- Male Junior 12 & under - 15 mins + 1 lap
- Female Junior 12 & under - 10 mins + 1 lap
Front Steet, outside Bank of Butterfield Head Office.
For more information See Race Guide.
Immediately following completion of Stage 3 - Front Street, Hamilton. Included with entry fee - additional tickets may be purchased.
|Grand Prix Participant||N/A|
Various, BM 0000
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?