Get $5 Off - Code: TAKE5
June is Cancer Survivors month. Help us celebrate those who beat cancer and raise funds for the American Cancer Society who is providing resources for those still fighting! 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, so it's important to continue funding cancer research so we can one day have a cure!
All donations will go directly to the American Cancer Society, a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR VIRTUAL RUN
- Register for the race
- Complete a 5K, 10k or Half Marathon run/walk/bike at your convenience, any time, anywhere on between June 1 - 30, 2021
- Submit your time to see how you placed overall and receive your finisher certificate (optional).
- Celebrate your accomplishment by sharing on social media! #RunsForAPurpose
- Feel free to join the Virtual Runs for a Purpose Facebook Group to share and celebrate with other participants.
- Cancer Survivors Finisher Medal
- Printable Race Bib
- Printable Finisher Certificate
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM
- Only 1 person needs to register and create a team name during checkout (team password is optional)
- Share your team name so others can join during registration
- When the 3rd person registers, the first 2 will receive a $5 refund and any other participants who join will automatically get the $5 discount at checkout.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I print my bib?
Once you register, go to your profile page and scroll down to the event listed. On the right, click "View Digital Bib"
- How do I print my finisher certificate?
Once you submit your time after completing the race, there will be an option to print your finisher certificate.
- Do I have to submit my time to get my swag?
No, submitting your time is optional.
- How do I track my time?
You can use any time tracking app available in the app store. Here is a list of the top 10 apps.
- How do I create a team?
During registration, you will setup a team name. Share your team name with others so when they go to register, they look for your team name to join. Once you have 3 people on a team, you each will get a $5 refund and anyone who joins after the 3rd person will automatically get the $5 discount.
- Do all team members have to participate together?
No, that is the great part about a virtual race! Each team member can complete their distance at their own pace on their own time.
- Do all team members have to do the same distance?
No, each team member can choose to do their own distance.
- When will I get my medal and/or shirt?
Please allow 7-14 business days to receive your medal. Shirts are shipped separately and in batches. Shirts ordered after May 31st will ship after the race is over and arrive mid-July.