SEASHORE STRIDER TRIPLE CROWN SERIES
- Georgetown Library 5k on June 16th at 7 pm...G-Town Library, Georgetown, DE
- 302 Uncorked 5k on June 17th at 8 am...Hudson Fields, Milton, DE
- Fathers Day 5k on June 18th at 7:30 am...Wilmington Ave., Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Participants that complete all three events will qualify for an additional "Triple Crown" Award.
PACKET PICKUP FOR THE FATHERS DAY 5K ON SUNDAY WILL BE ON SATURDAY JUNE 18TH AT THE NEW BALANCE STORE FROM 4-6 PM. NEW BALANCE IS LOCATED ON RT ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE JUST BEFORE THE HAMPTON INN AND RT 24.
- 18798 Coastal Highway, Rehoboth Beach, DE. 19958
PICK UP YOUR PACKET AND THEN HEAD RIGHT TO THE STARTING LINE AT WILMINGTON ABVE & THE BOARDS. PARKING WILL BE ON REHOBOTH AVENUE & WILMINGTON AVE WITH A SHORT WALK TO THE START.
RACE DIRECTOR TIM-SS
- Join the Seashore Striders for one of the oldest 5k races in "the national Summer Capital" Rehoboth Beach. The 33rd Fathers Day 5k Run. The 3rd event in the popular Seashore Strider Championship Series, this year's 33rd Fathers Day 5k will be held "live" only. The Fathers Day 5k is a great event raising money every year for the Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team...The Future!. Come join the Seashore Striders on their starting line. We look forward to being your host!
- Location...ZOGGS...1 Wilmington Ave; Rehoboth Beach, DE. 19971
- $25.00 "EARLY BIRD" Race Registration through Sunday, June 11th at midnight
- $30.00 "RACE WEEK" Race Registration through Friday, June 17th at 10 pm
- $35.00 "RACE DAY" Race Registration from 6:30 am - 7:20 am on site
2 WAYS TO REGISTER FOR A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT
- ONLINE REGISTRATION through RUNSIGNUP here at this site."The easiest & most popular way to register for Seashore Strider events.
- MAIL-IN REGISTRATION...form can be downloaded from seashorestriders.com on the Firecracker 5k race page. Please fill out the form completely & neatly, double checking Age, Gender, Entry Fee Price (some events have different fees) & Event Choice.Mail completed paper registration to:
- Seashore Striders; 9 Gander Lane, Lewes, DE. 19958
- Please make sure entry arrives by Monday of Race Week to be guaranteed an event swag
- Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders” if using the Universal Entry Form
The Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team...The Youth of the FUTURE!
- Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
The 32nd Firecracker 5k is a flat & fast course loop course through Country Club of Rehoboth Beach, just south of the Avenue. The final 800 meters is heading east right toward the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
- Timing will be done by the Seashore Strider Event Production team and will be using the Chronotrack B Chip system.
- Finish line produced by “Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.,” Post-Race awards ceremony within 20 minutes following the final finisher, custom printed t's, custom awards and a great post-race celebration at ZOGGS!
- Awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female Champions, Overall Male & Female Masters (40+ yrs.), as well as the top three (3) Male & Female finishers in the following 16 age categories:
- 9 & under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Awards will be presented within 20 minutes following the final runner crossing the finish
- Walk Awards (Medals) will be Top 5 Male & Female
- If you miss the awards ceremony you may pick up locally in Lewes at 9 Gander Lane, Lewes or if you are out of town, your award will be shipped to you for a cost of $10 to cover postage. We do take Venmo.
33rd CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES INFO
- There is no extra fee to enter the Championship Series- just the regular entry fee per race...automatically entered
- To QUALIFY for the Championship Series one must do the following 3 items:
- 1. Runners must complete one (1) 5 mile race (2 to choose from)
- 2. Runners must complete five (5) 5k's (9 to choose from)
- 3. NEW in '23...Runners must complete at least one (1) of the following "Strider Be Kind Good Deeds" listed below sometime during the Series...e-mail "Be Kind Good Deed" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer for a Seashore Strider Series Event
- Join the Strider Annual Challenge of 100 miles per month...visit www.seashorestiders.com
- Make a Donation to the Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team
- Make a Donation to the Event you are taking part in
- Help out with any "post-race" refreshments, making the event even better
- The Final series standings is determined by fastest 5 mile race and 5 fastest 5ks. Runners are placed in age group by their age on 1st race entered.
- Example: If you run as a 39 year old in your first 3 races and then turn 40 for your final three races, then you will be in the 35-39 age group for the championship series.
- Runners must register using exact same name for each race if they want accurate results compiled.
- Series Weekly Standings will be posted at www.seashorestriders.com
Seashore Strider Statistician Tim Young.
WALKER NOTE...NEW in '23
- The Seashore Striders are going to add a separate 5K WALK DIVISION in five of the nine series events for this summer as a trial basis for the future. If participants show responsibility, fairness and honesty and WALK correctly by USATF Standards then it may continue in the future. If it turns into a "DQ fest" then it will not continue. As the Seashore Strider Race Director, I am not interested in creating more work for myself and I know I can not and will not patrol 3.1 miles of the course, but what I am interested in doing is providing an opportunity for those who simply do not run and would rather walk and still be involved in the event. That is my goal & mission with this decision.
- "Race walking differs from running in that it requires the competitor to maintain contact with the ground at all times and requires the leading leg to be straightened as the foot makes contact with the ground. It must remain straightened until the leg passes under the body. Judges evaluate the technique of race walkers and report fouls which may lead to disqualification. All judging is done by the eye of the judge and no outside technology is used in making judging decisions."...USATF
- The 5 EVENTS will be the following:
- Fathers Day 5k on 6/18/23
- Firecracker 5k on 7/1/23
- Beebe Hero's 5k on 7/9/23
- Dam Mill 5k on 7/22/23
- Race for the Paws 5k on 8/5/23
- This NEW Walk Division will allow a participant to qualify for the Championship Series by completing all five of the 5k Walks and 1 of the two 5 mile runs. The two 5 mile runs will not have a separate WALK division and you can run or walk or do a combination. Because of the longer 5 mile distance, you are encouraged to run or run/walk, rather than walk the whole five mile distance.
- Awards for the WALK will be the top 5 male & the top 5 female in those five WALK events.
- For the Championship Series Awards you are either in the WALK division or you are in the Age Group Run Division. You can not be in both and you can not go back & forth.
- WALK QUESTIONS can be directed to email@example.com
The Seashore Striders have a "No Refund" policy, however we make every possible attempt to please our client with the following options: 1. Transfer to a future Seashore Strider owned event of equal value before the end of the current year. 2. Donate your entry fee to the charity associated with the event or to the Seashore Strider Youth Running program. 3. Transfer/Defer to the following year at the same event. Thank You for your cooperation & understanding as some situations are beyond the control of the Seashore Striders.
STRIDER RACE POLICIES
- Are you wondering about the Strider Race Policies? Do you have questions regarding the following:
- HOW DO I WEAR BY RACE BIB?
- WHAT ARE THE TIME LIMITS FOR STRIDER RACES?
- ARE THEY WALKER FRIENDLY?
- WILL I RECEIVE A REFUND IF I CAN NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE RACE?
- ARE WINNERS CHOSEN BY CHIP TIME OR GUN TIME?
- ARE BABY JOGGERS OR STROLLERS ALLOWED DURING THE RACE?
- ARE PETS, BIKES, SKATEBOARDS, ETC... PERMITTED ON THE COURSE?
- ARE HEADPHONES (IPOD, EAR BUDS, MPS....) ALLOWED DURING THE RACE?
- CAN I WEAR SOMEONE ELE'S BIB WHO CAN NOT MAKE THE RACE?
- WHAT IF WE MISS THE AWARD CEREMONY?
- DO YOU MAIL AWARDS, RACE PACKETS?
- If you have any questions regarding the above topics please CLICK HERE to go to the strider race policies
- Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
- For questions...firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASHORE STRIDER STORE