VCU Massey Cancer Center
VCU Massey Cancer Center is the official charitable fundraising partner of the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k for the 15th year in a row! Take action in the fight against cancer and help raise crucial funds for Massey Cancer Center's locally conducted, lifesaving cancer research.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR MILES MATTER on June 3-6:
- Register at https://www.teammassey.org/masseychallenge21
- Customize your fundraising page with photos and personal message and share with your network via email and social media
- Invite your friends, family, and coworkers to join you
- With $100 raised or donated, you receive the 2021 commemorative Team Massey technical shirt to wear on race day!
With your help, we will be one step closer to curing cancer.
Kids Run RVA
Kids Run RVA is an initiative of Sports Backers, the nationally recognized non-profit organizer of the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k, that motivates thousands of young people across our region to run and be active on a regular basis. Sports Backers is committed to improving the health of our children by encouraging routine physical activity, which is critical to their long-term growth and well-being.
Kids Run RVA provides free training opportunities for youth of all ages, abilities and backgrounds as well as funding to support school-based run clubs and events. For schools in low income communities, Kids Run RVA can cover the cost of shoes, transportation, and event entries to overcome these barriers so that ALL kids can participate. During the pandemic, Kids Run RVA has shifted to offering online fitness classes, providing exercise videos, and hosting virtual fitness challenges.
Donations are critical to the program’s success. Each time a child laces up his or her shoes, you will be giving them the most important gift of all-a path to good health and fitness! A donation of:
- $15 covers the cost of one event entry
- $20 covers the cost of a child participating in this spring’s Super Fit Challenge
- $50 covers the cost of shoes for one child.