In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Mandi Brown 1:00 Lane 1
Laura Bushwitz 1:00 Lane 5
Terry Butler 1:00 Lane 2
Kate Castleman 12:30 Lane 7
AMARIS DANINHIRSCH 12:00 Lane 3
Candi Daugherty 12:00 Lane 6
Lise Desrochers 1:30 Lane 2
Rachel Duverge 12:30 Lane 2
Melissa France 12:00 Lane 5
Jennifer Goble 12:30 Lane 1
Amanda Hernandez 12:00 Lane 1
Mary Rose Luft 1:30 Lane 3
Jennifer Lykins XX XX
Heike Neumann 12:00 Lane 7
Sara Newell 1:30 Lane 5
Sarah Newsom 1:30 Lane 4
Jacklyn Pierce 1:30 Lane 1
Tiffany Pribyl 12:00 Lane 4
Nicole Ribeiro 12:30 Lane 6
Belinda Rieger 12:00 Lane 2
Jodi Smigelski 12:30 Lane 4
Kendal Smigelski 12:30 Lane 5
Anna-Marie Walsh 1:00 Lane 4
Lisa Wenrich 1:00 Lane 3
Sheila White 1:00 Lane 6
melissa young 12:30 Lane 3
The FEAR NOT! Women's Triathlon has been created by the Clermont Triathlon Club in partnership with IRONMAN Foundation's Women For Tri initiative and the National Training Center. This event is designed to help eliminate some of the concerns that often prevent women from participating in triathlons.
Some of the most common concerns related to triathlons here in Central Florida involve swimming in lakes (that could have reptiles in them), riding bikes on busy roads (with the potential for accidents) and running in the Florida heat (which can lead to heat-related illnesses).
We are eliminating those concerns by creating an event at the National Training Center where participants can swim in the pool, bike on a spin bike and run/walk on a treadmill. The distances are also very beginner friendly:
250 yd pool swim (You will swim in your own 25 yard pool lane. You will swim down and back 5 times (5 laps). You can rest at each end of the pool)
6 mile bike (You will ride a stationary spin bike which will be located under the awning near the pool deck--a computer will record your distance)
2 mile run/walk (You will run/walk on a treadmill inside the air-conditioned NTC overlooking the pool deck)
We will have volunteers available to support you every step of the way and we even have the option of using a shallow pool lane if you feel like 25 yds might be a bit too far to swim without a rest.
This event is capped at 55 participants!
This event is focused on completion and will not include individual chip-timing. The event will begin and end on the pool deck, so participants will have the ability to record their total time using the digital pool clocks.
All participants and volunteers will be invited to Suncreek Brewery for a 6PM celebration party.
Participants will receive: Custom Swim Cap; Custom Sling Bag; Silicone Bracelet & more
EVENT FORMAT & START TIME
Due to limited space and equipment, each participant will be assigned a start time ranging from 12:00PM to 3:30PM. Seven participants will start every 30 minutes.
Participants will need to check-in 30 minutes prior to their start time to review procedures and be ready to go. If you are not ready to start your swim at your assigned start time you MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. **Only NTC members will be able to use the locker rooms. Non-members can use restrooms if needed. We will have a designated bag-drop area for you to keep your belongings.
Individual start times will be determined closer to the event date and we will email those out to you. If you have a specific time restriction please email us after registering.
Participants must be 13 years or older
1. You will check in at our table under the awning near the pool 30 minutes prior to your start time. You will sign an NTC waiver and receive a silicone wristband and a swim cap (both for you to keep). Once everyone from your time slot is checked in, you will be given a short tour of the event layout and your questions will be answered by our volunteers.
2. We recommend having your swim gear already on to make it simpler, or you can change in one of the restrooms. Only NTC members will be able to use the locker rooms. We will have a bag drop (transition area) under the awning for you to place your belongings.
3. You will start at your assigned start time. If you are not ready on time, you may be disqualified.
4. You will complete the swim and then go to your transition area and get ready for the bike.
5. You will complete the bike portion and then you will quickly wipe down your bike (volunteers will have wipes) and then you will start your run/walk on the treadmill.
6. You will complete your run/walk on the treadmill and then quickly wipe it down and then go straight to the finish table. You can then use the digital pool clock to record your own finish time.
7. Once you finish, you will receive a drawstring finisher's bag. Congratulations! You are officially a triathlete!
Recommended for you to bring: swim goggles, 1 towel to dry off after the swim, 2 small towels to use during the bike and run, change of clothes, sports bottle to drink from during bike and run, cell phone for numerous selfies after you finish!
Plan to meet at Suncreek Brewery in Downtown Clermont for a celebration party! We will have half of the front patio area reserved.
See you at 6PM!
All participants will receive a special discounted membership opportunity:
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.