In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
|FEbruary IRONKIWI 140.6 Challenge||N/A|
Ever wanted to do an Ironman but don’t want to pay $700+ to do it?
Come join the IRONKIWI Challenge presented by PRS Triathlon to support the Jared Bynum Scholarship Foundation supporting local kids
WHAT: IRONKIWI Challenge – February 2018 - 28 day challenge to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles.
WHAT YOU GET:
• Race Medal upon completing the challenge
• Cooling Towel
• Virtual bib to print out and wear (take pictures and send to us!!)
• Access to the Facebook group
• Entry to win some awesome prizes!
WHEN: You have from 12:00AM February 1, 2018 to 11:59PM February 28th, 2018 to complete your 2.4 swim, 112 bike, and 26.2 run. NOTE* you do not have to complete each distance at once - break it up however you need to!
WHERE: EVERYWHERE. You can LITERALLY be anywhere and do the IRONKIWI Challenge!
EXCERISE MODES: Training for the IRONKIWI Challenge can occur outdoors or in any fitness facilities to which you have access. Specific exercise modes for each leg can include but are not limited to:
Swim: You may use an indoor pool or accessible lake/pond/ocean. Any stroke can be used to complete the required distance (e.g. crawl stroke, breast stroke, back stroke, or even doggy paddling).
Bike: You may ride outdoors or use an indoor stationary bike.
Run/Walk: You can walk, jog, or run using tracks, treadmills, roads, etc.
• To promote a healthy, doable challenge for endurance athletes everywhere! Some people are unable to afford or just don't want to complete a full Iron distance race in one day, so the IRONKIWI Challenge was created to give people a whole month to do a 140.6 distance event.
• Raise funds and awareness for the Jared Bynum Scholarship Foundation. This scholarship fund was established to help students who complete the mentoring program at Julia Landon College Preparatory and Leadership School, go on to finish high school in four years and are accepted to college. It will help them go to college and achieve their dreams. This scholarship focuses on those students who have overcome early childhood challenges and continued on through high school and to college.
• Register Online
• Use the online form to log your swim, bike and run miles. – ONLINE FORM
COST: $45 for US residents. $60 for International Participants ($15 fee for shipping)
PACKETS: You will receive a virtual bib to print out, decorate, and PLEASE take pictures while you're completing your IRONKIWI Challenge so we can post on the website, twitter, and facebook!
Logging Your Miles: Once you have registered and paid your entry fee, you are responsible for logging your swim, bike, and run/walk mileage through the event website. To do so, please utilize the Mileage Log. Logging miles is, of course, based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles. IRONKIWI Challenge is about a friendly competition that challenges each person to reach their goal - don't be the person who spoils this.
RACE RULES: As stated above, you have from February 1- February 28th to swim at least 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles. Log your miles online and watch the leaderboard for updated results. Keeping track of miles is based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles.
RACE LIMIT: N/A - tell your friends! Challenge your friends, co-workers, family, etc. There is no limit on how many people can participate! This is all about honesty and having a good time.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?