In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
Is 2019 the year you will complete the Ironman distance? Spend the month of January completing the 140.6 swim bike run distance with fellow athletes in the Ironkiwi Resolution Challenge. Here's how it works: you have the whole month to complete the distances and you don't have to do them all at once. A great way to start the new year!
Come join the IRONKIWI Challenge presented by PRS Triathlon Club to support the Jared Bynum Scholarship Foundation supporting Jacksonville students.
WHAT: IRONKIWI Challenge – January 2019 - 31 day challenge to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles.
WHAT YOU GET:
• Custom Race Medal upon completing the challenge
• Beanie Hat with Ironkiwi Logo
• Virtual bib to print out and wear (take pictures and send to us!!)
• Access to the Facebook group
• Entry to win some awesome prizes!
WHEN: You have from 12:00 AM January 1, 2019 to 11:59 PM January 31, 2019 to complete your 2.4 swim, 112 bike, and 26.2 run. NOTE* you do not have to complete each distance at once - break it up however you need to!
WHERE: EVERYWHERE. You can LITERALLY be anywhere and do the IRONKIWI Challenge!
EXCERISE MODES: Training for the IRONKIWI Challenge can occur outdoors or in any fitness facilities to which you have access. Specific exercise modes for each leg can include but are not limited to:
Swim: You may use an indoor pool or accessible lake/pond/ocean. Any stroke can be used to complete the required distance (e.g. crawl stroke, breast stroke, back stroke, or even doggy paddling).
Bike: You may ride outdoors or use an indoor stationary bike.
Run/Walk: You can walk, jog, or run using tracks, treadmills, roads, etc.
• To promote a healthy, doable challenge for endurance athletes everywhere! Some people are unable to afford or just don't want to complete a full Iron distance race in one day, so the IRONKIWI Challenge was created to give people a whole month to do a 140.6 distance event.
• Raise funds and awareness for the Jared Bynum Scholarship Foundation. This scholarship fund was established to help students who complete the mentoring program at Julia Landon College Preparatory and Leadership School, go on to finish high school in four years and are accepted to college. It will help them go to college and achieve their dreams. This scholarship focuses on those students who have overcome early childhood challenges and continued on through high school and to college.
• Register Online
• Use the online form to log your swim, bike and run miles.
COST: $40 per person. Due to high shipping cost, swag cannot be sent outside of the U.S. But please join us anyway-it's going to be a great time!
PACKETS: You will receive a virtual bib to print out, decorate, and PLEASE take pictures while you're completing your IRONKIWI Challenge so we can post on social media!
Logging Your Miles: Once you have registered and paid your entry fee, you are responsible for logging your swim, bike, and run/walk mileage through a link on the FaceBook page. To do so, please utilize the Mileage Log. Logging miles is, of course, based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles. IRONKIWI Challenge is about a friendly competition that challenges each person to reach their goal - don't be the person who spoils this.
RACE RULES: As stated above, you have from January 1, 2019-January 31, 2019 to swim at least 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles. Log your miles online and watch the leader board for updated results. Keeping track of miles is based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles. If you finish a portion please keep entering your mileage....see how far you can go!
RACE LIMIT: N/A - tell your friends! Challenge your friends, co-workers, family, etc. There is no limit on how many people can participate! This is all about honesty and having a good time.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?