Did you know? Melanoma is a deadly skin cancer that affects over one million Americans every single year.
Florida has the second-highest incidence of melanoma in the United States.
Sun protection and early detection are key to preventing melanoma.
What do YOU need to be on the look-out for? The ABCDE’s of melanoma are a good place to start!
Asymmetry - one half of the mole does not match the other
Border - the edges are irregular, ragged, notched, blurred; normal moles are
round or oval
Color - the mole is not evenly colored: it may include shades of brown or
black, or patches or pink, red, white or blue.
Diameter - the spot is larger than 6mm across
Evolving - the mole is changing in size
The ‘SPF5K: Shield, Prevent, Fight’ is a fun event organized for the community to promote education on Melanoma and how it can impact you and your loved ones. We have partnered with the Melanoma Research Foundation (MRF) in an effort to raise awareness and funds for dermatologic research to find a cure for this cancer.
We invite you to join us on Saturday, March 7th, 2020 for the SPF5k race around the lake at Walsingham Park in Seminole FL. The race will be followed by an AFTER-RACE PARTY, where we will have food trucks, fun activities and opportunities to learn about melanoma. Bring your family and furry friends along for a day in the park! Dermatology residents from Bay Dermatology will provide free skin cancer screening.
All participants in the SPF 5K race will receive a raffle ticket, sun-protective t-shirt, and medal! Funds raised by SPF 5K participants will help advance melanoma research in partnership with the MRF and dermatologic education. By participating in the SPF 5K, you can help make a real difference in the fight against melanoma!
Get your tickets now before prices increase!
- Event check-in for race @ 7:30 AM.
- After Race Party 10:00 -1:30; DJ, food truck, & festivities.
- Free Skin Cancer Screening
- Bring your furry friends! Pets welcome on leashes
- Day-of registration begins @ 7:15 AM
- Parking available at Walsingham Park.
- Address: 12615 102nd Ave, Seminole, FL 33778
- T-shirt orders will be placed on February 13th.
- If you register after this date we will do our best to accommodate T-shirt sizing preferences however we cannot guarantee we will have your first choice!
Check us out and give us a follow on Instagram and Facebook for updates and additional information: