In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Please ensure that you show up at your starting dock at the appropriate check in time.
10K - Check in time is 9:00 am - Start 10:00am - VILLA MONTICELLO DOCK (NEXT DOOR TO PALMETTO GARDENS)
6K - Check in time is 10:00 am - Start 11:00am - SHARK HOLE DOCK (SOUTH EAST CORNER OF HARRINGTON SOUND)
4K - Check in time is 10:45 - Start time is 11:45 - BAYSIDE LANE DOCK (NEAR TRINITY CHURCH)
2K - Check in time 11:15 - Start time is 12:15 - RADNOR ESTATE ROAD DOCK
0.8K - Check in time is 11:45 - Start time is 12:45 pm - AQUARIUM
All distances will finish at the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo. At the finish from 12pm onwards there will be live music, a cash bar, a variety of food and drinks will be available for purchase and a prize giving presentation will follow the conclusion of all events.
Prizes will be awarded to both male and female age group winners and there will be random draw prizes for all participants that raise at least $50 for the designated charity, the Bermuda Zoological Society (BZS). Those participants who have raised at least $150 from Donations and Pledges for the designated charity will be entered in the draw prize at the finish for a new motorbike.
To be eligible for prizes on race day, your donations and pledges must either be received through the online donation portal or given to the event organisers when you collect your Event T-shirt on Saturday 10 October. Pledges may be made online until 31 October 2020.
FOR PARTICIPANTS WITH THE VISITOR PACKAGE: Your event T-shirt and visitor package wrist bands can be collected from the Grotto Bay Hotel - information on daily time/place for collection will be on the RTS notice board in the Hotel Foyer.
FOR PARTICIPANTS WITHOUT THE VISITOR PACKAGE: Your event T-shirt must be collected from the Aquarium Foyer on Saturday 10 October, between 10am and 12pm.
Race Numbers and Swim Caps will be collected the Day of the Event from each respective Starting Dock.
This is a Charity Event and to date the Round The Sound swim has raised more than $365,00 for local charities. All Donations/pledges will be given to the Bermuda Zoological Society, Bermuda Registered Charity # 179, to support their educational and conservation programs. Visit www.bamz.org for more information.
1. The race committee reserves the right to cancel the entire race or stop any individual at any stage of the race.
2. Average sea temperature for October is 78 degrees F.
3. In the event of extreme adverse weather, changes/modifications can be made to the course. This decision is made by the Committee at 8am on the morning of the race.
1. ANY SWIMMER WHO HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED THE RACE AND IS UNABLE TO FINISH OR WHO MUST WITHDRAW FOR ANY REASON IS OBLIGED TO IMMEDIATELY REPORT HIS/HER POSITION TO A RACE OFFICIAL.
2. In order to be an official entrant, each swimmer must register at the check-in area between 30 and 60 minutes before the start of his/her race.
3. An official swim cap for the race will be provided at each check-in. This cap must be worn as your timing chip will be inside it.
4. Transit swimmers must not cross or interfere with the starting line for shorter races – see Instructions.
5. During the race, directions issued by race officials must be followed.
6. Course marks must be passed on the correct side – see Instructions.
7. No wetsuits will be allowed.
8. An emergency plan card, provided, must be completed and handed in at registration.
9. The Race Committee reserves the right to remove a swimmer from the water who fails to reach a checkpoint by the official closing time - see CUT OFF TIMES for details.
As all four events finish at the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo but start elsewhere, competitors should have someone drop them off at their particular starting points at least 1 hour prior to the start of their race. See Check In times above.
Parking for the finish will not be available at the Aquarium, instead it will be up the hill at Whitney Institute or on Flatt's Victoria Field. Please use these areas responsibly and do not leave any litter.
Check in will begin 1 hour prior to each start, see CHECK IN TIMES above. At the appropriate start, swimmers will be marked with their numbers and given their official swim cap. Please wear your official swim cap as it contains your timing chip and without it your time will not be recorded. Warm-up will be allowed, but all swimmers must have checked-in and be on land 20 minutes before start time. Swimmers will be checked into the water, in order, by number. Entry into the water shall be FEET FIRST. Diving is not permitted.
All starts will be in-water along the designated start line or rope and will strictly follow the timetable.
All swimmers entered in the 10k, 6k or 4k events will be required to check in at all official check points on their respective course. As a transit swimmer, you will approach the check point dock with the pink course marker buoy on your left shoulder. At the dock, identify yourself by number and confirm that you are fit to continue. At each checkpoint there will be water and Powerade available. Once you are given the go ahead to proceed you should continue on your course. At times there will be yellow 'sausage' shaped buoys that will indicate the direction of the course and are in place to separate you from other swimmers who may be starting a shorter race. Do not swim underneath these 'sausage' buoys.
8k Checkpoint (Angel's Grotto) - closes at 11:00am (For 10k swimmers only)
6k Checkpoint (Shark Hole) - closes at 12:00pm (For 10k swimmers only)
4.25k Checkpoint (Luffalong Dock) - closes at 12:55pm (For 10k and 6k swimmers only)
Please note that the Bayside Lane Dock is the start point for the 4k swim only. It is NOT a checkpoint for transit swimmers.
2.75k Checkpoint (Radnor Estate Road Dock) - closes at 1:55pm (For 10k, 6k and 4k swimmers)
All swimmers finish at the Aquarium, with an “In-Water” finish through a floating finish arch. Your finishing time and position will be taken as you swim through the arch. If you arrive in a pack please stay in your finishing order and make your way towards the steps to exit the water.
This event can not take place without the continual support of volunteers. If you or a family member wish to volunteer to help at the Start and Checkpoint docks on race day or with kayak and safety support then please click this link www.signupgenius.com/RTS2020 to signup for one of the volunteer positions.
These safety boats are officials of the race and will correct a swimmer who is off course or who misses a mark. Please comply with their directions courteously. Failure to comply will result in your number being reported to the race committee along with the offense. Penalty or disqualification may result.
The 2020 course is an ANTI-CLOCKWISE route around Harrington Sound using islands, docks and buoys as course markers. RULE FOR BUOYS: Other than the yellow sausage buoys, ALL BUOYS MUST BE KEPT ON THE SWIMMER'S LEFT SHOULDER
There are four types of buoys which will be used on the course:
(1) PINK BUOYS (~5 foot tall cylinders) indicate a check point / water stop along the course - SWIMMERS MUST CHECK IN AT THESE PINK MARKERS,
(2) ORANGE TRIANGULAR BUOYS (~ 5 foot tall pyramids) indicate an island at which swimmers will be making a turn,
(3) ORANGE ROUND BUOYS (most are 5 feet tall, some at the end of the route are 8 feet tall) indicate a path for the swimmer, do not turn at these, they are simply for guidance,
(4) YELLOW SAUSAGE BUOYS (15 feet long by 18 inches high) indicate a direction for swimmers to follow leading into a Dingles Island, Cockroach Island, and out of the checkpoint with 2.75k to go.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please note that access to the dock is through the gate on Harrington Sound Road, not through Palmetto Gardens. Parking will be up the hill at Whitney Institute
Checkpoint and Waterstop at Angel's Grotto, 2k into the 10k course.
Checkpoint closes at 11:00am
6k Start at Shark Hole dock
Checkpoint and Waterstop, 4k into the 10k course.
Checkpoint closes at 12:00pm
4.25k checkpoint for 10k and 6k swimmers only, closes at 12:55pm
Please note that parking for the 4k start will be on the lawn, past the dock on Bayside Lane.
Please note that parking for the 2k start will be on the roundabout at the end of Radnor Estate Road not on the access road down to the dock.
Checkpoint for 10k, 6k and 4k swimmers, closes at 1:45pm
Information on how to access the 2k Start dock from Crawl Hill on North Shore Road
Please note that 0.8k swim participants should come to the East Service Entrance (next to Flatt's Bridge) at the Aquarium. Parking will be up the hill at Whitney Institute or on Flatt's Victoria field
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.