In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.everyoneruns.net/.
Southern Arizona's Favorite Trail Race! Two distances: 5.3 and 10.6 miles. Your race starts & finishes at the park trail-head and travels the trails of this magnificent park, including the “92 and 48 Stair Climb." 10.6 miler is two loops of the 5.3 mile course. Overall male/female & age group medals for both events, male & female sized short sleeve tech or cotton shirts (your choice!). For event details, please visit everyoneruns.net
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
April 3 Catalina State Park 10.6 & 5.3 Mile Trail Run Course Instructions - Please Read Completely!!!
10.6 miler start: 7:00 a.m. 5.3 miler start: 7:20 a.m.
Directions to Catalina State Park
From the south: take Oracle Rd six miles north of Ina Rd. and turn right at Catalina State Park. The start line & parking lot are 1.8 miles at the end of the main road.
From the north: take Oracle Rd. south one-half mile south of Tangerine Rd. Turn left into the park. The start line & parking lot are 1.8 miles at the end of the main road.
Park Entry Passes: all participants will be required to purchase a $7.00 parking pass at sign-up or at packet pick-up at Fleet Feet (cash or check only), as we will not be providing shuttle bus service. If you already have a state park pass, there is no need to buy one from us. To move traffic more quickly through the park entry, we ask that you buy the one-day pass from us. Parking will be available in the main lot and on the road shoulders.
Changing Events: this is extremely important. Changing distances must be done by April 1 by emailing the race director at email@example.com Changing events without notifying anyone will cause a huge mess with our ability to provide results. If you do switch distances after the start of the race, your time will not count for overall and age group awards. Please remember that the 10.6 miler is only for runners. You are always welcome to walk the 5.3 miler.
Event wave starts:
· Both events will have wave starts of 18 runners leaving every minute. The 5-miler will start 15 minutes after the last 10 miler wave at approximately 7:30am.
· Waves will be determined at our discretion and will be emailed to all runners by March 30.
· The start/finish line is in front of the main parking lot, which is at the end of the park’s main road. You’ll start on a very short portion of the main road straight to the entry to the Nature Trail (yes, big hill first!), which you will run/walk clockwise. We ask that you were your mask when you begin your descent down the hill and until you are on the next trail, which is Canyon Loop.
· After descending the Nature trail, you will go left onto Canyon Loop, then left to the Romero Pools Trail (clockwise) for a .9 mile out and back (monitors will be there for directions).
· You will next travel left off the Romero Pools Trail and back onto the Canyon Loop, heading west to the Birding Trail loop.
· On the Birding Loop you will travel clockwise for a one-mile loop and then across the wash to the park’s main road. We ask that you wear your mask on the entry in and out of this trail.
· 5.3 milers will then turn left to the finish.
· 10.6 milers will go right for your second loop of the entire course starting with the Nature Trail, to Canyon Loop, Romero out and back, then back to Canyon Loop left to Birding Trail, across wash, left to finish.
· You will not get lost, as long as you pay attention to our directional markers and course monitors.
· NEVER run up or down a wash and you’ll be on the course! You will only cross washes, never run up or down. Finally, there will be some areas of traffic on the course. Please do not run or walk 2-3 across and always listen to course monitors for instructions.
Water Stations: trail course: All participants should carry their own water. We will have bottled water before the Nature Trail. If you take a bottle, it is your responsibility to carry it throughout the race. No littering please!
Timing: all timing will be done with chip timing. Your chip will be attached to the back of your race bib. If you do not wear your bib you will not receive a time and you will not be eligible to win an overall or age group award. Please remember to wear your bib on the front of your body.
Headsets/Music: If you choose to wear headsets you implicitly agree that you are using it your own risk. It is incredibly important for you to hear others approaching and asking to pass, so please keep the volume at a level that will allow others to hear you. Safety is our #1 concern.
Shirts: participant finisher shirts will be handed out to you at the finish line. Unfortunately, we cannot change sizes at the finish. This will ensure that everyone gets what they ordered. You are welcome to ask when the race is complete.
Post-race food, drink: when you hit the finish-line grab yourself a free bottle of water and enjoy our always free Mexican breakfast courtesy of Everyone Runs (for paid participants only). We will never close the course. Food, drink and friendly faces will await you no matter when you finish!
Awards: Our awards ceremony will be in-person as each event concludes/
· Overall and age group awards will be for male and female overall 1st, 2nd & 3rd and in five-year male and female age groups.
· Exact age groups for both events, specifically for ages 19 and younger and 80+, will be determined based on the number of runners in those age groups and will be decided fairly and at our discretion.
Race results will be posted no later than 1:00 p.m. atwww.everyoneruns.net.
For fast viewing of your finish time, simply enable participant tracking on our Run Sign Up page and you will have your result sent immediately to your phone!
Virtual Race Rules:
· Preferably, run at Catalina St. Park or, if that is not possible for you, at any other similar trail, no later than April 3 by 7am. If you choose Catalina St. Park, try to run the exact course route if proper social spacing is available (see map at everyoneruns.net). 10-milers must run the two loops. Start line is 20 yards east of the first entrance into the large trail-head parking lot.
· You must run 5.3 or 10.6 miles. Mileage under 5.3 or 10.6 will not be counted towards an age-group medal.
· To be eligible for an age group medal, you must submit your race time on Run Sign Up no later than 11:30am on Saturday, April 3.
· Awards/raffle ceremony: our awards and raffle prizes will be presented live on the Everyone Runs Facebook page at 1pm after the race. Awards will be available for you to pick-up at either Fleet Feet location for 14 days.
Thanks so much for choosing to run/walk with
Everyone Runs, Everyone Walks! We appreciate your support.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
We'll get right back to you with an answer to your questions.